Solved

How to Contact ID Mobile

• 31 March 2022
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 1

I have gone round in circles with the IDMobile web site and never managed to find a Chat button.

my enquiry is relatively trivial but has developed into challenge to contact the company.

My wife has a DD of £6.00 the IDMobile bills reflect this but once in February my bank statement shows it took £6.30.

I just wanted to ask why and then discovered it is impossible to ask anything.

icon

Best answer by Rory 7 April 2022, 13:37

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @TH1680,

Is the account in your name or your wife’s name?

It may be worth checking the bill as it sounds like it may be a charge for a text message.

If you still need us to check this out, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi Kashmir thank you for the reply. Yes it is in my wife’s name and I understand what you say may have happened. However, our bank account shows a different amount being taken out by IDMobile to the amount they show on their bill.

Something else you may be able to comment on. We both have SIM only deals at the same £6.00 per month but my account is for4GB of data but my wife’s is 8GB.???

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have gone round in circles with the IDMobile web site and never managed to find a Chat button.

my enquiry is relatively trivial but has developed into challenge to contact the company.

Hello @TH1680,

If you’re having trouble using iD live chat, I suggest contacting iD Mobile through a PM on their facebook or twitter social media platforms.

It’s best to contact iD between 9am - 6pm - that way you can PM with a real person, and get a more timely response to any questions asked.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thank you andewhite. I have ‘thing’ about Facebook and Twitter which means I avoid them like the plague. So any solutions involving them are no use to me.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @TH1680, 30p is the standard charge for an MMS message, so I imagine that explains the discrepancy in the bill. You can check the bill in the iD Mobile app. 

Regarding the difference in data between your plans, all I can really say is that our plans do vary over time and we will have a number of different promotional plans throughout the year, so it sounds like your wife has simply joined us on a better deal. However, if you check the iD Mobile app and head to “Change my plan” or “Upgrades”, you may be able to find a better value plan for yourself.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

My wife has a DD of £6.00 the IDMobile bills reflect this but once in February my bank statement shows it took £6.30.

I just wanted to ask why and then discovered it is impossible to ask anything.

The Live Chat is a lie. It doesn’t work and you can’t access it anywhere online 

Userlevel 1

Thank you Joe. You confirm what I had come to believe. 

Userlevel 1

I have a simple question to ask and have just spent an hour of my life I'll never get back trying to contact I'd...so disappointing.  I'm going to leave now as customer service is so important.

Userlevel 1

I have a simple question to ask and have just spent an hour of my life I'll never get back trying to contact I'd...so disappointing. I'm going to leave now as customer service is so important.

I have a simple question to ask and have just spent an hour of my life I'll never get back trying to contact I'd...so disappointing.  I'm going to leave now as customer service is so important.

Userlevel 1

I don't think it's possible to contact them at all now.  I'm going to leave as well. I've been with them years and they did used to be contactable. But not now.  I don't understand why I'm being billed what I'm being billed and I can't log in to my account. I've reset my password but it's still not working. I mean they're taking money off me but I can't see my bills. This is a company with no customer service whatsoever. They don't even pretend to have any, any more. How can you take money from people and be uncontactable? It's like mafia or Wish or some shady outfit. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Setteeusername, don’t offer a phone-based customer service, but you can contact us via FacebookTwitter, or Live Chat. If you’re still having trouble after that, just drop us a line here and we’ll be able to help.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

I am beginning to realise how rubbish the non-existent “customer service” is, and plan to leave, once my contract is done (I will check with my bank, re payments made, and figure from there when my contract ends).

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am beginning to realise how rubbish the non-existent “customer service” is, and plan to leave, once my contract is done (I will check with my bank, re payments made, and figure from there when my contract ends).

You can text INFO to 85075 to find out the early termination charge for your iD contract, without committing to cancelling anything.

Your iD My Account online or the iD app should tell you the end date of your iD contract - have a look in the My account. > My plan. section. 

Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sandra Stewart 

Sorry to hear you feel this way about our customer service, I would recommend contacting us on Facebook, Twitter or the iD Mobile Live Chat so we can help with anything you need help with!

Tom

I don't think it's possible to contact them at all now.  I'm going to leave as well. I've been with them years and they did used to be contactable. But not now.  I don't understand why I'm being billed what I'm being billed and I can't log in to my account. I've reset my password but it's still not working. I mean they're taking money off me but I can't see my bills. This is a company with no customer service whatsoever. They don't even pretend to have any, any more. How can you take money from people and be uncontactable? It's like mafia or Wish or some shady outfit. 

same for me. I need a password to check my contract so I can’t open it to see if there is any PIN Number. Also when I want to change the password and I put well known answers like my surname, my year of birth and my phone number which I had since 2000 it says that there is something wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Cristina Cristabel Polizzi,

When you join iD Mobile you would need to register an account at the link below:

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount

Have you already registered at the link above? If not you’ll need to your account for access to your account online and app.

If you have already registered at the link and are still having problems, please get back to us and we will do our best to help.

Kash

i have unlimited minutes on my account but when i tried to make a call it says i need to top up my account , miffed as ive only used 45mins this month , id mobile is crap

ID mobile is crap, they milk you all the way, I bought a contract late Nov 2022 but cancelled it within 14 days, but they have charged me £9.37 for nothing, spent hours online to return the phone, still no refund??? 

Thier customer service is only to charge customer, but when it comes to refund there are no options???

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

i have unlimited minutes on my account but when i tried to make a call it says i need to top up my account , miffed as ive only used 45mins this month , id mobile is crap

Hey @biff,

What number are you trying to call, is it a standard UK Mobile number or an 084 or 087 number?

@Qash, you are liable for any line rental from the point of connection until the return completes.

I’m sorry to hear that you are unhappy about the charge.

Mohammed

Hi @Setteeusername, don’t offer a phone-based customer service, but you can contact us via FacebookTwitter, or Live Chat. If you’re still having trouble after that, just drop us a line here and we’ll be able to help.

Thank you,

Rory

Rory I've dropped messages and still no reply. Can't make a complaint or even live chat. How do I get issues sorted. If my customer services needs ain't met I will take it further and get it cancelled

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Setteeusername, don’t offer a phone-based customer service, but you can contact us via FacebookTwitter, or Live Chat. If you’re still having trouble after that, just drop us a line here and we’ll be able to help.

Thank you,

Rory

Rory I've dropped messages and still no reply. Can't make a complaint or even live chat. How do I get issues sorted. If my customer services needs ain't met I will take it further and get it cancelled

Hey @John Ginger Bateman Where did you drop us a message?

If you replied to us via Social Media you should have received a response by now.

Please let us know if you still need help.

Mohammed

I too am going round in circles.  The live-chat button is non-existent, and I don’t use twitter or facebook.

My sim card no longer works - which is why I need to contact them - but they cannot contact me as the sim card no longer works!

The problem is that I have been abroad, and bought an eSim card to use on my Pixel 7 alongside my iDmobile sim card when I was out of the country.  On returning to UK my iDmobile information has completely disappeared (even though I’ve not touched the iDmobile sim card) and my ‘phone no longer works.

There is no information on the iDmobile web site about this issue, and I cannot find a way to contact them about it.

Can anyone help, please?

I forgot to add my email is REMOVED

Userlevel 3

I too am going round in circles.  The live-chat button is non-existent, and I don’t use twitter or facebook.

My sim card no longer works - which is why I need to contact them - but they cannot contact me as the sim card no longer works!

The problem is that I have been abroad, and bought an eSim card to use on my Pixel 7 alongside my iDmobile sim card when I was out of the country.  On returning to UK my iDmobile information has completely disappeared (even though I’ve not touched the iDmobile sim card) and my ‘phone no longer works.

There is no information on the iDmobile web site about this issue, and I cannot find a way to contact them about it.

Can anyone help, please?

Hi there @peterhowarth, we’re sorry to hear that your SIM card is no longer working. By the sounds of it, it seems that you will need a replacement SIM card, which we can get to you free of charge.

You can receive one via the following methods:

1. Collection from any Local Currys store of your choice (Just ask a member of staff) during opening hours
  2. Via DPD delivery

Please let us know which you would like to do, and we can get that arranged for you and hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Tyler

To be fair to iDmobile, I’ve had two people ‘phone me in the last two days.

Amusingly, Tyler (above) didn’t find the solution that I found. 

My Pixel 7 has a slot for a physical card (into which I had put my iDmobile SIM card) and it also has the capability to download a virtual eSIM card in addition.  That is what I had done when I was preparing to visit Vietnam.

On returning home, the iDmobile card was invisible, and didn’t automatically override the (now useless) eSIM card.

The solution was to

(1) cancel the eSIM card I’d downloaded.  This left the ‘phone apparently without a SIM card (even though there was actiually one physically present).

(2) remove the SIM card, and then put it back.  I had to do this twice, once with the phone turned on and once with it turned off.  (Sorry, I can’t remember which of the two didn’t work and which did work).

Once I did this the phone recognised the SIM card, and Tyler was mistaken in saying I needed a replacement SIM card

I hope this helps other people, and you never know they may even mention it on their web site!

Peter

Why iD Mobile?