Question

Human service at ID Mobile

• 22 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve just set up a 12 month contract as a pay monthly customer, because I’ve been lured to this service on account of the claims made for the service and the fact that it is supposed to be a simple matter to transfer my existing mobile phone number with a PAC Code given two me by my previous provider. However, when I try to do this by submitting the requested numbers my attempts are repeatedly met by my being told that I’ve entered wrong numbers, THIS IS INCORRECT. I have double checked with a human at my previous provider and I am entering the correct information.

How can someone at ID Mobile sort this out for me?

Before joining ID mobile I was not informed that I would be dealing with machines and not real people. This service is worse than poor. I shall be cancelling my contract if this problem is not sorted quickly.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

That’s a real shame to hear @exdos.

If you change your mind and would like us to assist you with the port, or you need any help cancelling your contract, let us know and we’l be happy to provide further support here.

Will

Userlevel 1

That’s a real shame to hear @exdos.

If you change your mind and would like us to assist you with the port, or you need any help cancelling your contract, let us know and we’l be happy to provide further support here.

Will

Will, 

Thank you, but before I finally make my mind up within the 30 day period, the answer that I need to know is this: Is there anyway of contacting ID Mobile by telephone, if so, please can you give me the telephone number?

The invoice that I received is headed “Carphone Warehouse” and the Branch is described as: idmobile.co.uk (2101) but when I telephoned the Carphone Warehouse customer service on 0370 111 6565 the representative denied any knowledge of idMobile being any part of Carphone Warehouse and wouldn’t assist me in anyway whatsoever.

This is just UNACCEPTABLE. When a customer needs help, they need help almost instantly, not a day later on a customer forum.

It might be clever business of the executives of Carphone Warehouse to operate an internet-only system, but the customers are NOT pre-warned of the major shortcomings and difficulties for customers or that this is the business format.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @exdos,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@exdos Hi there, I am sorry you are experiencing difficulties porting your number over to iD. Please note I have raised this with the team and someone will get back to you shortly. 

Emil

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @exdos,

Thanks for getting in touch.

May I ask, how is it you’re trying to submit the PAC code? Is it via the iD Mobile App, or have you tried to submit a form online? If it’s the latter, could you provide a link please?

Also, have you tried submitting the PAC code using a different device or browser?

If you try this and are still having difficulties, please let us know right here and we’ll drop you a Private Message to offer further support.

Cheers,

Will

Userlevel 1

I have tried both. 

I really didn’t bargain for any hassle in setting up a mobile phone so I’m cancelling the contract on the 2nd day of the 30-day online purchase period. This service is APPALLINGLY BAD.

If only they tell you there is NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT before you purchase.

Why iD Mobile?