Question

I cant change my replacement id sim to my old number

• 30 September 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

I lost my phone 2 weeks ago and went through the unnecessarily painstaking process of ordering a new SIM from ID.

After 23 attempts of speaking with the chatbot, it reluctantly put me through to a real human customer service agent who advised me to order a new sim from ID, assuring me that I will be able to keep my old number upon activation.

Now that SIM has arrived, it says that it has already been activated and it is under a new phone number.

This means that I am now paying for 2 plans and still have no access to my old phone number.

I really am losing my patience with ID at this time as all I wanted to do was to get my old number with a replacement SIM but am now paying for 2 plans. 

Please can someone help me change my number back to my old one and cancel the Sim which is in the phone I lost. 

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Tom Edwards Really sorry to hear that this is the case. I have escalated this to the necessary teams and they will be in touch with you. 

Emil

Userlevel 1

Hi Emil,

It has been nearly a week and still haven’t heard from anyone. 

Please can i get my old number back today as I really shouldn't have to wait this long

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Tom Edwards Really sorry to hear this! I will get this sorted for you. 

Please bear with me. 

Emil

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Tom Edwards,

You can use Live Chat service and easily bypass the annoying 24/7 chat-bot.

Start your live chat and once connected just type “talk to a person” to get through to an iD advisor. 

There are iD advisors ready to help 9am to 8pm weekdays.

This forum isn’t real time, so things could take longer than you’d like if you try to resolve your issue here.

In addition, you might be able to solve this in a Carphone Warehouse store - anyway, good luck with getting this sorted quickly.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Tom Edwards,

You should have a Private Message now. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite ,

It was an iD advisor who advised me that I would be able to keep my phone number through activating it later. 

This was not the case and I’m realising now that the longer iD draw out this process, the longer I’m spent paying for two contracts when all I want is for my old number to be transferred to my new account!

They are both iD sim cards, it really should not be this hard to talk to someone who works here ffs.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Tom Edwards,

That’s unfortunate.
I think the only way of keeping your number within iD is when choosing to change plan.

To keep your number now, get a PAC for the number you want to keep and move this to another provider on a PAYG plan.

Once that’s okay, you’ll another PAC from that new provider to get your number back to the iD plan you are keeping - assuming you decide to stay with iD.

Anyway, I hope you manage to get this sorted one-way-or-another - good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Although, you’d have thought if you reported your iD phone lost or stolen, then any replacement SIM from iD would use your ‘actual’ mobile number when it was activated.

Surely this has got to be possible @iD Mobile?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Tom Edwards,

As advised, we sent you a private message yesterday morning so please check that out so we can help you ASAP as we are waiting to hear back from you.

@andewhite what seems to have happened in this case from only reading the thread is that a second SIM card contract has been purchased; that’s why there is mention of a second phone number. When asking our Customer Service Team for a blank SIM card, this will not come with a phone number.

When a blank SIM card is dispatched, it will only have the customers phone number on it following manual activation; we have no way of activating a replacement SIM card until the customer has confirmed delivery.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

@Ryan - this is all very helpful. Especially hearing it for the 5th time now in 3 weeks. 

I was instructed by a robot and then 4 other of your colleagues that the SIM replacement service at iD wasn’t running at the moment.

When i asked what do instead, I was told to purchase a previously mentioned sim card, reassured that I would still be able to keep my original phone number.

I did as I was instructed and am now paying double the price.

This process has been lead on for 3 weeks since I first sought help. Since then, your company has seen to my identity being questioned, proof i provided being rejected and all round general disregard for your customers.

I have spoken with my lawyer about the way your organisation has ‘dealt’ with my case and we have to decided to make a claim over misleading marketing and not adhering to CPA legislation. 

Please give me the details of a real life human customer services agent to make mine and your life easier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Tom Edwards,

We’ve replied, however, it would appear you are not the account holder so we aren’t able to speak to you regarding this account. 

We’ve asked for the account holder to get in touch with us directly.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?