Solved

I have been double billed for years..

I have recently found out (after a recent upgrade) that ID mobile have double billed me for years.

2 direct debits had been set up by the Carphone Warehouse and no doubt someone at ID mobile will have a record of no data usage for one of the contracts.

I need to know which direct debit I need to cancel.

I need to speak to someone real from ID Mobile on a phone line.

How do I do that ???

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 19 May 2022, 15:13

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Guaranteed you haven't been double billed for years but rather a second account has been setup instead of upgrading your existing account.

I have recently found out (after a recent upgrade) that ID mobile have double billed me (or set up a parallel contract) for years.

2 direct debits had been set up by the Carphone Warehouse and no doubt someone at ID mobile will have a record of no data usage for one of the contracts.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The fact that you haven't used the second account doesn't mean you're not responsible for any monies due. I take it you received a new phone under that account? Some salesman lie and process a whole new order rather than an upgrade because the commission is greater. However, proving that is another issue in itself as one should always read the contract prior to signing it.

Anyway, I wouldn't hastily cancel any direct debit because if you do, you will likely have a negative marker placed upon your credit file and any outstanding amount owed passed on to a debt collection agency.

iD Mobile don't offer any form of telephone support. You're options are to contact an agent using live chat, message via Facebook/ Twitter or wait a few days for a member of the iD Mobile team to respond to your post here.

Good luck! 

I have recently found out (after a recent upgrade) that ID mobile have double billed me (or set up a parallel contract) for years. Possibly some salesman lie and process a whole new order rather than an upgrade because the commission is greater ?

I have cancelled this standing order at my end…. apparently there is no *£%K%ng way to speak to anyone at ID. Mobile in order to ensure this ‘contract’ which should never have been set up in the first place is terminated at your side.

It is also apparent that ‘Luck’ is required during the process of making contact !

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You'll be back in a few months when you try to obtain credit but fail a credit check. That will follow you for six years! You'd have been better waiting for a reply from iD Mobile but each to their own.

You'll be back in a few months when you try to obtain credit but fail a credit check. That will follow you for six years! You'd have been better waiting for a reply from iD Mobile but each to their own.

Why would I be back ? back where ? and for what ? … Nobody is here ?

There is no way to contact iD mobile …. except for ‘the force’ … and i’m not a Jedi

Show me the customer support email or customer support telephone number ???

Oh… posts are reviewed by moderators…. ?

So, you do have real people somewhere ??..

I’m screen capturing this whole thread

interesting

I am posting this reply once more (obviously it will be moderated)

I will screen capture it prior to posting once more…

THIS ISSUE is …. NOT …. solved

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

This isn't a live chat based community forum, and it will take a good three or four days for a member of the iD Mobile team to respond to your query.

I recommend using one of the methods mentioned in the post marked as the Answer if you want a quicker turn around time. 👍

This isn't a live chat based community forum, and it will take a good three or four days for a member of the iD Mobile team to respond to your query.

I recommend using one of the methods mentioned in the post marked as the Answer if you want a quicker turn around time. 👍

There is NO Live chat option active.

Ask via Facebook ????? Really !

So, for something potentially serious such as a bogus account set up by a Id representative the option is insecurely sending my info via Facebook ?

I’m actually not totally specific here either… as its a public forum. Presumably you have nothing official to do with this iD forum ? 

Who for example had set the forum title to ‘SOLVED’ ????? I have not given away the specifics of my issue yet as this site is in no shape or form an adequate source of satisfactory support in dealing with my actual account.

Day 2 and still no contact with iD

It certainly will not help to gain their attention as someone has marked this thread very very wrongly as solved.

whilst also suggesting that this forum is one of the ways to make contact. ??

Who marked this issue as ‘solved’ ???? and why ???

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you won’t or can’t use Live Chat Facebook or Twitter then you will just have to wait a few days for a response from a member of the iD Mobile team. They may reach out with an offer of help through the community private messaging system, or they may simply respond requesting that you use Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter (it’s the quickest way) like I did. Anyway, posting the same thing over and over won’t get you the help you seek any quicker. 

There is NO Live Chat active.

Facebook is NOT secure.

I am NOT on Twitter.

iD are unlikely too reach out through a community private messaging system if they see that my problem is apparently ‘solved’

Who set this discussion thread to ‘solved’ ? Presumably not WelshPaul as you are acutely aware that the issue is very much alive.

We can at least agree that iD customer support is pathetic at best.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

There is NO Live Chat active.

Yes there is, it takes a few seconds to show up depending on how fast your internet connection is.

Facebook is NOT secure.

Facebook is no less secure than any other online platform including this community forum.

I am NOT on Twitter.

Don’t blame you, it’s naff!

iD are unlikely too reach out through a community private messaging system if they see that my problem is apparently ‘solved’

What makes you think that? Stop jumping to conclusions! iD Mobile respond to older posts first and you keep posting rants which likely put you at the back of the queue each time you do that.

Who set this discussion thread to ‘solved’ ? Presumably not WelshPaul as you are acutely aware that the issue is very much alive.

I don’t know and I don’t care. The answer has been posted and so either wait, use live chat or reach out via Facebook / Twitter.

We can at least agree that iD customer support is pathetic at best.

So get you wallet out and pay 2-3 times more per month than you do now and take advantage of the utter crap telephone support EE, O2, Vodafone and Three provide.

You know, you could always go back to Carphone Warehouse and complain to them. After all, it was them that sold you the contract.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @John Kirk, if you believe you’ve been missold a new line instead of an upgrade, you’ll need to speak to Carphone Warehouse, as they’re the ones who processed the sale.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?