Solved

I've upgraded and been sent a new sim. Will this change my phone number?

• 28 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

It’s in the tille really.  I’ve been with Idmobile for some time and asked to upgrade my contract. They have sent me a new sim. If I replace the old one this this will my telephone number change?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 29 January 2022, 13:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Stan Willis,

If you upgrade or change your plan (from the app or iD My Account online), then you keep your mobile number. 

The “Pay monthly upgrades: Everything you need to know” community article explains in more detail.

Finally, you don’t actually need to use the new SIM that came with your upgrade. iD only send out a new SIM in case the old SIM doesn’t fit in the upgraded phone.

Anyway, good luck!

Userlevel 1

Many thanks for this full answer to my problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Stan Willis,

The new SIM sent with the upgrade will be blank.

If you do activate it, services just swap over to it and you keep your number.

Userlevel 1

Anyway , first impressions , most of you guys

seem to genuinely wish to assist ,I say this as I’ve found that there is always the exception  to any factual relevant question ,ie the rule ,but so far so good , so thanks to all good genuine hearts , I pity those who actually short sightedly think there are no consequence's ,any hoo ! Moving onwards thanks again for answering my question,be good people ,someone watches in silence xxx 

Hello, we have upgraded and have 2 phones on the plan and it’s appears to be upgrading the wrong phone (wrong number)  can this be swapped over?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello, we have upgraded and have 2 phones on the plan and it’s appears to be upgrading the wrong phone (wrong number)  can this be swapped over?

Hi @Karen Marshall,

I’ve replied to you on another topic. If you check this I’ve advised further.

Apologies fr the delayed reply here.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?