Question

I've upgraded but my phone settings haven't

• 28 June 2021
  • 9 replies

I upgraded my GB from 2.07gb to 15gb, but on my settings on my phone still shows the old GB and says I've used up my data etc, I do not want to billed for more when I upgraded to avoid this, any help and advice would be much appreciated.  Thank you

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Claire Hutchins ,

The best way to manage and check your data allowances is via the iD Mobile App or Account online. 

If you wish to increase your data limit on your handset settings you can usually do this from the network setting and selecting the data usage setting. From here you should be able to set your Mobile data limit.

I hope this helps.

Kash

Hi cannot find anything to change it to what it should be, I have a galaxy Samsung j4 plus handset,  in the data usage tab in connections , just shows what it used to be and not what it should be.  I cannot see anything anywhere to select, anything different.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Claire Hutchins ,

From Settings, search for and select Data usage. Tap Data usage again, and view your Mobile data usage or Wi-Fi data usage.

Are you able to edit this from there?

Kash

Nope, nothing to edit, just shows what usage is being  used.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Claire Hutchins 

Could you try clicking the Mobile Data Usage option from the screenshot that you have just sent?

Kash

This just turns on the data when not on wifi 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Claire Hutchins 

If you click the last option ‘Billing Cycle and data warning’ you can change this from there.

Thanks

Kash

Many thanks for your help, I did not know about this, I just assumed it would alter it when the new sim went in to the phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Claire Hutchins ,

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?