Solved

iMessage Activatation Unsuccessful

• 18 November 2021
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a new Sim (had it 2 weeks).  Phone is activated, can recieve SMS but no iMessge (Says activation unsuccessful).

> Phone has been reset to factory settings.
> Correct phone number is showing in settings

> Phone has been turned off and back on
> Other SIMS work in the phone
> Had sim out of phone for a day

> Turned off and back on (iMessage/Facetime)
> Shutdown the phone, restarted it

> WiFi Calling is enabled and it appears at the top to say it’s activated.

If someone can DM me for my number so it can be escalated that would be great.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 18 November 2021, 10:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @zen262176,

You might be able to fix the issue by:

1. Sign-out from Apple ID on your phone.
  2. Turn OFF your phone.
  3. Sign-in at https://appleid.apple.com.
  4. Remove your iPhone device from your Apple ID account and sign-out.
  5. Sign-in at https://www.icloud.com and check your iPhone device is not listed.
  6. Turn ON your phone and sign-in using your Apple ID on your iPhone and re-check all the Settings.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

resolved thank you

Hi, im having the same issue and this didn't work for me, any ideas?

Userlevel 1

Louise, I contacted both ID Mobile and Apple before this and Apple said it can take 24 hours to activate once you put a sim into the phone.

How long as the sim been in the phone for?  

Hi, thanks for the response. It’s been over 24 hours now, I also spoke to Apple and they said that my activation may have got lost in the port 

Userlevel 1

Hi, thanks for the response. It’s been over 24 hours now, I also spoke to Apple and they said that my activation may have got lost in the port 

I don’t think anyone on these forums will be able to help you with that port, however I would be tempted to turn iMessage/facetime off, restart the phone, then turn back on iMessage and facetime in the settings and wait again. 

Once the ID chat opens tomorrow contact them via this link and ask them if they can double check on their side if there is anything they can do for iMessage activation.  I’m not 100% sure if something needs to be switched to make it work on either ID or Apple.  For me it was a time thing once I contacted Apple and ID Mobile but don’t know specifically what caused it.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Okay thank you I will get on them tomorrow on the chat. It’s kind of annoying there’s no customer services phone number 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Louise Baxter,

Did Livechat manage to sort this for you/

Will

Nope Apple did

Apple have a phone number to call allowing you to speak to a real human, unlike iD, meaning they are able to solve problems.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Louise Baxter,

We’re glad to hear that Apple have helped resolve this issue. As Apple helped from there side, it could be unlikely that there was anything that we could have done from our side in this instance with your iMessage feature.

Ryan

Maybe not. However it would be nice if there was a way to speak to someone at iD to tell me that in the first place. Rather than having to go through the ‘live’ chat who is actually a robot.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Louise Baxter, when you’re chatting to the robot, just type “talk to a person” to get an iD agent.

The iD agents work 9am - 6pm weekends and 9am to 8pm weekdays.

Hello

Husband is having this same issue. 
Everything ported over fine and iMessage has been working for 2 days. Today he now has iMessage activation issue. Apple can’t see anything wrong and to go back to iD. 

wondering if anyone got this resolved in the end?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Laura Ray,

Please could you try and restart the handset and follow the steps below:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

On some occasions it can take a little while.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?