My number has apparently been successfully ported from O2 yesterday. I got a text from ID to say this was complete. My calls and texts all working fine. Only issue outstanding is that I can’t activate Facetime or iMessage. Continually get the message “An error occurred during activation. Try again”. It has been doing this for about 30 hours now.
I can sign into iMessage via my Apple ID and send a message that way, so I know iMessage works. People are just receiving messages from my email address rather than my phone number, so at least I know iMessage works in that respect. It just won’t activate for my phone number now, which I need it to.
Steps I have tried (basically everything that an internet search suggests):
- I have tried switching off and on iMessage and Facetime several times.
- I have reset my network settings on my phone a few times.
- I have tried another SIM in the phone. It activates fine.
- I have restarted the phone several times.
- I have contacted Apple and they have said that everything checks out on their side. They said the issue has to be with ID. They suggested it might be a porting issue or a problem with the IMEI on the ID mobile server side not matching the IMEI on my phone.
- I contacted ID and they have said there is nothing they can do, and someone will be in touch within 48 hours.
Anyone got any other suggestions? I don’t really want to leave ID after only signing up a few days ago, but that would perhaps be the quickest solution since I can’t find anyone willing to look into this properly.