Question

Imessage not working after porting in

• 3 October 2021
  • 2 replies

HI

Just ported in on Friday.   Only a single contact in my phone will Imessages work.  The rest of my contacts who have Iphone only text messages work.  I have tried this from the Forum

Sometimes an iPhone will not automatically update after a number port has happened. Please try the below steps and let us know how that goes.

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Made no difference

I then did a factory reset and deleted all the data from my phone and restore from back up.

Made no difference.  Still only a single contact will Imessage work.  Seems to be a lot of people having the same issue on the forum.  Beginning to wonder if ID mobile is not designed to support Iphone

Any ideas before I port to another network

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Paul B,

I have an iPhone and ported my number over to iD (recently) without any trouble. I’m able to use use iMessage when sending a text message to another iPhone (that has an active data connection).

Have you looked at your Apple account online to see what devices you’ve got registered with Apple?

Anyway, good luck!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Another thing to try @Paul B,

This will sound very basic but​ have you tried removing the SIM card and powering down the handset for at least 20 minutes?

Although it sounds basic, this can often do the trick with newly activated SIM cards.  

Why iD Mobile?