Solved

Iphone 6 new sim

Userlevel 1

Couple of issues..

1)Receive my new sim card in super quick time - Thank you - but I've no idea what the Id mobile phone number associated to it is.

Not received a Welcome email / letter. No phone number on sim or the card it was in.

Nothing in the green envelope that all came in.

I DO have the stupidly long (19 digit) number on the placement card the sim was on / order ref number / transaction number / originator identification number and reference number … just no mobile number :-(

2)Whilst everything I've seen - several times now / on several different pages - indicates that the sim is issued “activate”… I'm getting “SIM not supported” from the iphone 6.

It actually states “The SIM card you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a network provider that is not supported under the activation policy assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone… blah, blah...”

Anyone any ideas?

Ta

Val

icon

Best answer by andewhite 7 July 2022, 10:23

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Under “carrier" it shows ID36.0 … if that helps anyone.

Ta

Val

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Val666,

Where did you buy your iPhone? Is it unlocked for use on any UK network.

You could try getting the iD settings for your phone settings again from the online page:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings/settings-tool

FYI, iD normally dispatch new SIM cards already activated, so it should work straight-away in your phone.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply @andewhite - much appreciated x

Phone is from CES (game store) and is unlocked for UK networks.

Since yesterday … I've successfully used a Plusnet, EE and 3 SIM's in it. I'm therefore content that I've proved it is unlocked - it's just that it won't work with the Id Mobile SIM.

I've tried the Id SIM, successfully, on 3 different models of Samsung models. In the first one I got the automated SMS “Welcome to iD. Your line's activated and your number is xxx" so at least I now know the phone number.

It still leaves me with the iPhone 6 still not working with the Id SIM :-( and me getting more frustrated / cross … grrr.

I've tried the link you kindly provided on the iPhone 6 - without the SIM in - now that I know the mobile number associated with it.

I get the message that those settings can't be automatically set and am provided with instructions on how to do all of that manually.

I couldn't use the iPhone with the SIM in to go to the link as I get the message I quoted originally / can't access anything else. I can't apply the manual instructions for the same reason.

Id have “kindly” sent a further SMS (whilst I was on the borrowed Samsung) to let me know that “You'll get your first bill the day after joining iD. It includes your first month's line rental...”. Oh, how I laughed.

I'm half minded to call it quits with I'd, cancel the SIM/contract as I can't use the SIM<>iphone and ask Plusnet to send me one of their SIM's as that all worked within seconds.

Anyone got any other ideas on how I may get this sorted (before I start kicking my cat out of frustration ;-) )

Does anyone know of a way of circumnavigating the “SIM not supported" iPhone message that's blocking me from accessing the phones settings so that I can try the manual stuff.

(If anyone sees on the news that there's been a mass shooting in east Cornwall - you'll know I've finally snapped ;-) :-)  )

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Val666, what version of iOS is installed on this iPhone 6?

It might be worth updating the iOS. Meanwhile have a look at the following:

Settings > General > About - scroll down and look for something like “Network Provider Lock”.

This should be something like “No SIM restirctions”, if the phone is properly unlocked.

If not, it might explain the issue with the iD SIM, which you know works in other (newer) unlocked phones.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Hi @andewhite 

Thank you - again - for taking the time to reply x

-ISO is 12.5.5  (16H62) When I request the latest update Apple advises that the software is up to date.

-the only thing I can see with regard to the Network part of your reply shows “Network - Not Available"

Tbh, I'd assume that since I could get the iPhone to work with three none I'd Mobile SIM's that it was unlocked. Reading your latest reply, it sounds like you're suggesting that it might not be “properly unlocked" - I'll look into that further.

I saw one of your other post, elsewhere, regarding the carrier Id Mobile version (I think it was about Id 48 <> 49). Mines showing ID 36.0 as the carrier which would suggest, to me at least :-D , that the phone “knows" it's an Id Mobile SIM. Who knows . . . :-)

Thanks

Val

Userlevel 1

@andewhite  You SIR, are LEGEND!!

Just run an IMEI diagnostic check and it's identified that the phones IS LOCKED to ORANGE/T Mobile.

I shan't be kicking my CATS nor hitting the news after going on a rampage.

No.

I will, however, be ripping CES a new one!

:-)

Thank you for your time, patience and understanding @andewhite - YOU LEGEND! :-D

Val

X

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

See if you can get CES to give you an iPhone 7 as a replacement - compensate you for your time and distress.

The ID 36.0 is linked to the version of iOS on the iPhone. 
My iPhone is running iOS 15.5 and I’ve got ID 50.0.

Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Val666 

Glad our friend @andewhite was able to help you find the root of your issue!

If you manage to get a different device I’d recommend checking out the list of supported devices linked here! Although if you’re looking towards an iPhone, you should be fine for support!

Tom

Why iD Mobile?