Solved

iphone doesn't work as required - what are my options?

We have an iphone that my daugher uses, and it has another 6 months left on contract.

She can’t use the home button (we are using an app for this now which isn’t ideal). Certain features such as calling and camera are inconsistent whether they work and because of this my daughter is getting extremely fed up.

I looked to change supplier but that seems a bit harsh considering its a hardware problem so what are our options?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 5 July 2022, 18:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Was the phone supplied by iD? Your options are probably limited to getting the phone replaced (i.e. buy a new or refurbished iPhone), or repaired.

Here’s several options to consider:

1. Contact Apple for support online or on 0800 107 6285.
  2. Visit an Apple retail store. 
  3. Pop into Currys to discuss a repair.

Anyway, good luck.

The phone was supplied by mobiles.co.uk which I believe is a ID Mobile website? 

The phone was also a refurb so I would be surprised if it comes under any warranty after one year although I might be wrong?

Am I able to transfer the cotnract to another provider and get a phone with them? I tried it earlier but got this error from the website:

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: 18057527158031782318

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Am I able to transfer the cotnract to another provider and get a phone with them? I tried it earlier but got this error from the website:

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: 18057527158031782318

You’ll get this error message whenever:

1. You sign-in to the iD Community web site with the Remember Me option ‘ticked’.
  2. Then try and open a page in the iD Mobile web site https://www.idmobile.co.uk.

To get around this issue, either sign-out of the iD Community and stayed signed-out or visit the iD Mobile web site using a different device - iPad, tablet, laptop et cetera.

To see if you can transfer to another provider without a penalty, text INFO to 85075.

To switch to another provider and keep your number, text PAC to 65075.

To switch to another provider without keeping your number, text STAC to 75075.

Good luck.

Why iD Mobile?