Question

iphone user, network provider settings

• 23 June 2021
  • 4 replies

So when I go on into settings on iPhone, then go into mobile data, then into network provider services, I can see it says mail and then a random number across from there. Who’s number is that as it’s not my number and not the number originally supplied to me from Id mobile. And I fear someone has had access to my phone. Please help as im very worried

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Ahmed Ibrahim,

Where did you purchase the device from? Was this provided by iD Mobile or purchased elsewhere?

Is the number on iMessage the one you’re using?

Mohammed

Me too (sorry - no solution yet)

I have noticed the same thing on my iPhone (a number I do not recognise in Settings>Mobile Data>Network Provider Services). This was purchased new 2 years ago with a contract on another network and switched to iD recently (number transferred using PAC).  iMessage is working fine - but only after I corrected the number on Settings>Phone>My Number.  I can find no way to change the number shown under Settings>Mobile Data>Network Provider Services. Could somebody tell me what is that number, and how do I change it?

Badge +10

@Ahmed Ibrahim 

@Fyl 

I can have full access to that area on iPhone and can changed the number - it should be the one ID mobile issued you with!!!

Do you have just the one provider installed or are you using a dual sim
Using ID Mobile in SIM1 will enable you to change the number to the correct one

You may also need to update your mobile software - have you updated recently IOS 14.6 is the latest release.

Restarting your mobile after making the changes should update the other areas...

I think I am sorted now - I got confused by labels. Although it appears under Mobile Data it is the number for the voice mail box. So after clicking on it I have set up my new voicemail greeting. I am not sure what that has to do with mobile data, but it seems to work

Why iD Mobile?