Iphone XS on ID

• 24 September 2018
  • 22 replies

Just wondered how many other people like me have a lovely new IPhone X or XS and aren't able to use it 4 days after launch? I put my SIM card in and it doesn't connect to the ID Network.

ID know about the issue and are working on it, but after 4 days are still not able to give me a resolution timeframe. I have wasted about 10 hours with ID, apple store, apple care and carphone warehouse trying to find out what was wrong. On advice of carphone warehouse I even sent the first phone back as they said it must be a hardware fault. Only on Sunday evening I got an email from ID saying that the issue was their end.

Just wondered how many others out there are affected, and what you have been told?

I have been told to expect an email tomorrow (25th September) with an update (not a fix).

Paul

22 replies

Hi Paul
i have the same issue and am really not happy with the responses.

Received the below email at 1801
We're happy to see that you seem to be up and running and using your iD SIM, so you can ignore these emails and carry on enjoying your new phone.

Well I’ll it’s still not working and neither is chat

Chris
I got the same email too. Mine said I should receive a new SIM tomorrow. They also said I will get a £20 Curry’s voucher. Don’t want a voucher to spend in one of their shops. Want to be compensated for not being able to use my phone for 5 days (money of next bill) and also something to recognise the 10 hours I have spent on phone and in shops trying to resolve!

If new SIM doesn’t work tomorrow ....
At least they have offered something and another sim, I am on my third and they have offered nothing except to ‘enjoy my new phone’ that does not work!

i can feel more wasted time happening tomorrow
Mine will be my third SIM too. Fingers crossed it works as others haven't. Spent about 3 hours on phone to Apple Care on Friday night, and ended up sending first phone back to Car Phone Warehouse. New phone arrived today but still not working.
Hi both,

I am also having the same issue, and was advised by the ‘Tech Expert’ in my local Carphone Warehouse that this is a known issue to ID. Apparently ID SIM cards are not working in any Iphone Xs or Xs Max’s. They were unable to give me a timeline as to when the problem would be resolved.

I was was planning to ring the ID tomorrow, but if you’ve both done so already without success I will keep monitoring this post.

Alex
Rang them this morning. They have promised a call back from a manager later today.

as my wife has same phone and upgraded on same ID network on the same day and it works fine with the original sim it makes you wonder why it’s taking so long.!!

I have registered a complaint and expect an answer or I will be cancelling and going elsewhere.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Paul, Chris and Alex.
We're sorry for the disruption that you've encountered when trying to use your iD SIM with your new phone. If you've been affected by this, we've arranged to send a replacement SIM to resolve the problem and you may have been contacted about this already. If not, please get in touch with us on our social media channels so we can ensure this is arranged today.

facebook.com/idmobileuk
twitter.com/id_mobile_uk
-Phil
Hi Phil
dont do social so please arrange the new sim avsap. I think 5 days without a phone is more than enough. I am disappointed that I still have to do the chasing when the issue is so well known and you have all my contract details.
Chris
Well I was told that my new SIM would arrive today, and guess what....nothing arrived. Getting rediculous and very close to cancelling and moving to a competent network provider. Will be shortly putting in a complaint. Will be 6 days tomorrow with out being able to use new phone. Not acceptable.
Now spent another 30 mins online with ID. Now been told:

• it could take 2-3 days to get the SIM not the 1 day the ID email told me
  • ID are still exploring the fault so new SIM can say that new SIM's we are getting will resolve the problem
I asked for a refund on my account as I havent been able to use my phone since it arrived on Friday. Apparently they cant do this, can only offer currys or carphone vouchers

I have raised an official complaint aswell so will see where that gets me. getting close to leaving ID as this is my first experience with them and its been very poor.

Paul
Well as expected the manager or anyone else failed to call me back by 2000 as promised and of course they are now closed.

I will be chasing yet again tomorrow and expect resolution of the issue and compensation - and I agree vouchers are not acceptable.

It it is such a shame as I have been with them for a year on sim only and it’s been great.

The whole pleasure of having a new (and very expensive) phone has been taken away by ID and their handling of the issue.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Phil
dont do social so please arrange the new sim avsap. I think 5 days without a phone is more than enough. I am disappointed that I still have to do the chasing when the issue is so well known and you have all my contract details.
Chris

Hi Chris, if you've already been in contact with us about this, then the replacement SIM will be arranged for you. Please get in touch when you receive this by calling 0333 003 7777 or using Livechat.
It's not necessary for you to chase anything if you've already raised this issue with us.
-Phil
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Now spent another 30 mins online with ID. Now been told:

• it could take 2-3 days to get the SIM not the 1 day the ID email told me
  • ID are still exploring the fault so new SIM can say that new SIM's we are getting will resolve the problem
I asked for a refund on my account as I havent been able to use my phone since it arrived on Friday. Apparently they cant do this, can only offer currys or carphone vouchers

I have raised an official complaint aswell so will see where that gets me. getting close to leaving ID as this is my first experience with them and its been very poor.

Paul

Hi Paul, we're disappointed to see that the SIM has not arrived as expected.
Once the SIM comes to you, please get in contact so we can activate this and confirm the resolution of the problem.
-Phil
HI Phil
as the issue has been logged and contact made daily since the 22nd WHEN will the forth new sim arrive so i can actually use by phone after six days without today???
Chris
Phil,

My SIM card that was promised to me yesterday has also not arrived yet. It didn't arrive in yesterdays post and it hasn't arrived in todays post. How long does it take to send me a SIM card? I have also been making daily contact since 21st September, and like Chris still cant use my new phone.

I am also getting mixed messages from your customer service people with emails telling me the SIM is the solution and other agents telling me you are still working on the solution.

How can it be taking so long to resolve the problem...I am furious!

Paul
I guess I'm another person in the same category. Received my new iPhone XS and SIM today, but the phone keeps telling me that the SIM isn't installed.

Can't get through to live chat, am unable to wait so long on the phone for help. Not a social media user either, so would be nice if someone would message me to help get this resolved.
George,

i cant believe they are still selling phones when there is a known issue. Seems very in ethical. You will unfortunately need to talk to them. I spent an hour on phone today and have escalated to a senior manager. You need a new SIM which unfortunately may or may not resolve your issue. My SIM replacement has still not turned up, and even when it does ID can’t promise it will resolve things.

If if I was you I would probably cancel contract which is where I am heading.

paul
Hi Paul,

My order was delayed by a few days in fairness. It seems like they took the iPhone's off sale the day after I bought mine for a short period, but I can see they're selling again.

Feeling a little annoyed about the situation but I'll have to give them time to resolve it first. I was rather relying on having the phone ready to go on a trip tomorrow but it looks like I'll be using my old phone for the time being.

Fingers crossed your new SIM comes today at some point.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi George, sorry to see you're affected by this. We can arrange for an alternative SIM to be sent to you.

@paulwilman We're sending some SIMs out today so would expect you to receive this tomorrow if you've already advised us about the problem you've encountered.

-Phil
Phil,

can an you please check for me that a SIM has been sent out. I have an email from ID stating it was sent out on 24th September, but after 2 post deliveries it has still not turned up.

Was promised a call back from one of your managers by 14:00, but typically they have not called back.

this is just getting worse.

paul
All,

My fault was finally fixed on Wednesday when the new SIM eventually arrived by DPD courier. Activated it and was working in minutes. Got right help from a senior manager, and Phil here. Also got a credit onto my account as compensation.

Been all working now for 2 days.

Paul
Yes I got the new sim by couriers Thursday and asked for it to be activated. Still not working and no response to emails and the one chat I got to work was cut off at 1945 last night before I got a full answer. As usual I can’t get on it today.

Have seen the post about the issue but no answers.

Guess it it looks like the only option is to terminate the contract and go elsewhere.

Really not happy with the situation at all.....

Why iD Mobile?