Solved

Issues with iMessage registrated numbers after portinf

• 22 August 2021
  • 8 replies

I recently ported my number from a different provide to iD mobile. I can send a receive iMessages on my original and correct number but settings states that number is due to be removed in 19 days (was 30 days). It states the number is registered to my Apple ID but not to the SIM card. In the section where I can view my number, I can see my original number and the temporary number I had when porting. I can’t seem to be able to remove this at all.

I have tried turning iMessages and FaceTime on and off and restarting the phone.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 24 August 2021, 12:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @florenceprice, you might need to check that your iPhone is using the correct number in your phone’s “Settings”. 

In iOS 14 try checking:

1) Settings > Messages > Send & Receive 
2) Settings > Facetime 

Your mobile number should appear there.

Good luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @florenceprice,

Sometimes an iPhone will not automatically update after a number port has happened. Please try the below steps and let us know how that goes.

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for getting back to me. This seems to have worked so thank you!!

Florence

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

That’s great to hear @florenceprice 

Feel free to message us for any further issues you may have.

-Mohsin

Hi, im having the same issue and this didn't work for me, any ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Louise Baxter,

Could you provide more detail as to what the issue is you’re facing, and what you’ve done so far to try fixing it?

Will

Hi all, 

I’ve tried the same too but and my ported number is showing correctly and it still doesn’t work. I’ve tried to speak to an advisor through the live chat feature but the site seems down so can’t speak to anyone either… any help? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mudal ,

Please could you check that you have the latest software installed.

Also could you remove the SIM whilst the handset is off for a few minutes, reinsert it and restart the handset.

Regards,

Kash

Why iD Mobile?