Question

issues with number swap on WhatsApp

• 21 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Since switching to ID mobile and awaiting my number transfer, which is now completed, I’ve had a lot of issues with the switch over. Messages not automatically changing and now cannot receive my verification code from WhatsApp to access my account. (I’m now locked out for 2 days for trying to send myself a verification code again)  has anyone else had similar issues and how did you solve them?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dewi Owen 

I’d recommend checking that your device hasn’t linked itself to the original iD Mobile number as this can cause issues with receiving text messages.

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)

2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)

3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number

5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)

6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:" If you are having issues with the above please retry with flight mode enabled and/or the SIM card removed.

Let us know how you get on with that!

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Dewi Owen 

I’d recommend checking that your device hasn’t linked itself to the original iD Mobile number as this can cause issues with receiving text messages.

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)

2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)

3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number

5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)

6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:" If you are having issues with the above please retry with flight mode enabled and/or the SIM card removed.

Let us know how you get on with that!

Tom

This might work if @Dewi Owen has an iPhone - but @Dewi Owen hasn’t shared the type of handset she’s using with iD Mobile yet.

I am currently having the same problem. Unable to get my one time access code for WhatsApp. Have tried multiple times doing everything mentioned in this thread with no luck. I am now locked out for a further 20 hours before I can try again. I have contacted WhatsApp who state it’s a sim/network provider issue and not them. There is no other way to verify my account and I use this for both personal and business related stuff 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Cat Woolway 

Are you receiving verification codes from other companies/services? Is it just WhatsApp that you’ve had issues with?

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve ported your number to iD then a network reset on your handset might fix these issues.

Just Google search network reset + your device manufacturer & model, e.g. “network reset Apple iPhone 12”

Anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?