Question

Leaving ID

I have re-joined Vodafone after a month on ID…   Have PAC code and Vodafone have tried twice now to port my number over.   I now have the same number on two different networks and all my texts go to my old ID account.   Vodafone say the problem is that ID haven't switched my old account off.    How do I resolve this?

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The OFCOM rules on mobile number porting state it is the gaining service provider (i.e. Vodafone) who are 100% responsible for making sure your mobile number port is completed properly.

You’re entitled to compensation for every day the number port is delayed.

I’d start by making a complaint to Vodafone, which should hopefully get things sorted.

The OFCOM online article “What to do if you have a problem with your phone provider” might be  helpful. 

I have spoken to Vodafone..  ( they actually have a working customer support system)   They say there is nothing they can do.  ID need to disconnect the old ID account their end

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well @Dippigit, I think Vodafone are wrong.

Vodafone accepted your PAC and also you as a customer. The OFCOM rules say Vodafone are 100% responsible for porting your mobile number, from iD to Vodafone, and making sure iD close your old iD account.

It’s online on OFCOM’s web site at:
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0021/112692/Consolidated-General-Conditions.pdf.

I suggest a formal complaint to Vodafone, as well as asking them for compensation.

Vodafone have failed to comply with OFCOM’s rules, and their excuse is not valid. It’s their job to work with iD to close your old iD account.

Anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?