Solved

Mr YW

Userlevel 1

Upgrade my plan on-line via ID Web but it comes with a new mobile no, sim and phone set. How to move my current No to the new plan with out sending the hand set back to ID?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 6 July 2022, 11:47

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like somehow you started a new iD contract instead of upgrading your existing plan.

Anyway, if both your plans are with iD Mobile:

1. You need to get a PAC from iD for the plan with number you want to keep.
  2. Use this PAC to move the number you want to keep to another service provider (this will also cancel the iD plan).
  3. Get a PAC from the new service provider, for the number you want to keep, and then use the PAC to move this number back to the iD plan you’re planning to keep longer term.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

The new plan is more expensive than the current plan/ No I want to keep. Would DD be changed automatically?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The new plan is more expensive than the current plan/ No I want to keep. Would DD be changed automatically?

Okay @Robert Wang, because you did not upgrade, you’ve got 2 contracts / plans with iD Mobile now.

There’ll be a separate Direct Debit for each iD plan you’ve got currently.

You’ve got 2 iD plans, so 2 DD agreements have been setup - one for each plan.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

So with the PAC I can use my current No under the new plan/contract, is it right?

Userlevel 1

I got PAC no now, please direct me the site or procedure to move my current No to the new plan

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So with the PAC I can use my current No under the new plan/contract, is it right?

Yes @Robert Wang, ask iD for a PAC for the number you want to keep. Then you’ll need to:

1. Use the PAC from iD to move the number you want to keep to a different mobile service provider.
  2. Once the number has been ported away from iD, get a PAC from the new service provider.
  3. Use the PAC from step (2) to move the number you want to keep back to the iD plan you want to use with that number.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

I see, so you cannot move No within ID between plans. Thanks!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I see, so you cannot move No within ID between plans. Thanks!

That’s correct @Robert Wang, with iD Mobile (and most other UK mobile networks) you cannot move a number between plans.

You’ll need to port the number you want to keep away from iD, then port it back to iD for the plan you want to use with that number.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

If I cancel the new contract, Would it be possible to buy the phone in full price without sending it back? The live chat doesn’t seems on at moment 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If I cancel the new contract, Would it be possible to buy the phone in full price without sending it back? The live chat doesn’t seems on at moment 

Be careful what you do @Robert Wang.

Cancelling a contract and returning an order are two very different things.

If you decide to cancel the new contract, then you’ll keep the phone but will have to pay any early termination charges due.

Text INFO to 85075 to find out your cancellation charges.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thanks! Looks like retuning is right thing to do. Do I need ID gives me a ref code for returning?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks! Looks like retuning is right thing to do. Do I need ID gives me a ref code for returning?

Okay @Robert Wang, yes you do.

Get a “Return Transaction Number” from iD.

The “How do I cancel or return my order?” community article explains what you need to do. 

Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Robert Wang 

@andewhite has pretty much said all that needs to be said! If you need any further help on returning your order let us know!

Tom

Why iD Mobile?