Question

my phone

Userlevel 1

I've just got a upgrade and soon as i use my phone for about 2 minutes it gets really really hot like its going to explode is this a folt with the phone and do i need to send it back and if so how?

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @gary bramhald, sounds like it’s a faulty handset.

You’ve got a limited window of opportunity to get an exchange/replacement, otherwise it’ll have to be repaired under the manufacturer's warranty.

The “Mobile Phone Repair” community FAQ states the following:

Userlevel 1

Ill have alook thank you

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Might not be faulty, what make and model is it? Samsung and Google Pixel 6 phones get hot for the first few days of use as it does it's learning thing.

Userlevel 1

Its Samsung s22 and nothing wrong with phone its the heat that's coming out of it after about 5 minutes it gets really hot 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I'd wait a week. My wife's S21+ and my S21 Ultra have experienced excessive heat since we updated both phones with the August update.

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much I've add it just a couple of days so ill see how it goes on 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The S22 (base model) has terrible battery life from what I have read online, can you confirm?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @gary bramhald 

As suggested by @WelshPaul I’d give it a little bit of time, some devices can get hotter during their initial setup, if you continue to have issues beyond a week or so, I’d recommend getting in contact so we can look into either an exchange or repair!

Tom

Userlevel 1

Yeah its wright what you was saying my phone is nice and cool now but do you no why there's no charging and ere phones with it or a radio lol

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @gary bramhald, FM Radio is a bit old hat these days. Not many phones have that feature in 2022. 

Regarding the charger and ear buds, the majority of manufacturers no longer include these anymore for two main reasons. The first is the environmental impact, and the second is the fact that market research has shown that most customers already own at least one compatible charger and pair of earphones, so to include them in the box is not only expensive, but wasteful, which circles back round to the environmental argument.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?