Question

New contract sim not working

I purchases a 24 contract phone for my son but having inserted the SIM in the phone there is no signal and the phone says 'please insert SIM card'. I have done everything the live chat said but it is still not working. Help please!

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @mburnett550,

We’re sorry to hear about that. The message would only appear if the phone does not recognise a SIM card has been placed inside of it so have you ensured that the SIM card has been inserted the correct way round?

Also, please can you put the SIM card into another phone just to test if the SIM card is working? This way we will know if it is a phone issue or a SIM card issue.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I've just checked and I think it's the phone. I tried the new SIM I'm my wife's phone and it works and tried her working SIM in my son's new phone and it doesn't work.

I got the mobile from ID mobiles online website so what do I do now?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Ah OK, yes it does sound like it may be the phone. We can get this checked and exchanged in a Carphone Warehouse store, depending on when it was purchased. 

You can find out more here - https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations

Why iD Mobile?