Question

New sim

• 11 June 2021
  • 6 replies

I purchased a new sim plan of unlimited data for £20 per month. I installed it on my device, but I can’t see it on my account. The new number is showing but it is showing my old plan of 5gb for £15 per month. How do I get it to show my new plan. This was not a upgrade but a new plan.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Is there no one from ID who is prepared to give me an answer!!!!!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Peter F Smith,

Was the new SIM to replace your old one, or did you intentionally order a 2nd SIM to run along side the existing plan?

Will

We have had a ID data only sim for the last 2 years. The NHS is now using our facility  4 day per week and need access to lots of data. The sim we were using @5gb per month is not enough. I therefore ordered a new unlimited data sim for £20 per month. When this was up and running we intended to close the rolling 30 day sim and replace it with the new one. I have inserted the sim into our device and it is working okay, but I need to know how much data the NHS is using, so need access to our account with the new sim. The new sim number is xxxxxxx which is showing on our account, but the data is still showing from the old sim. We need to get this sorted or the NHS will unable to continue with the Covid19 jabs.

Peter Smith

Treasurer, Long Stratton Village Hall.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Peter F Smith,

You’ll need to register the new SIM to a new account using a different email address to that used on the previous line. You can then log into your new account via a web browser to monitor your usage.

Does that make sense?

Will

Not quite, I tried registing the new sim and it told me it was already registered.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Peter F Smith,

Was that through the App or through a browser?

Did you try using a different email address, or the same one as the old SIM?

Will

Why iD Mobile?