Question

New sim

• 27 July 2021
  • 1 reply

I currently have a contract set up to my email with ID mobile. It was set up by someone else. And the payment comes out of their bank account.

I have just ordered a Sim only contract, that I have set up to my own bank account, but it will be using the same email address as the previous Sim card.

When it arrives, and I swap Sim cards over, How do i remove the previous Sim/contract data from my ID mobile App.

So when i log into my ID mobile app. It only gives me information, on the Sim only contract i just purchased.

And will i have any problems activating the new sim card thats arriving?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Ricki Ansell,

Although you can use the same email address across multiple accounts for the contact email address, you will not be able to use the same email address as the username for the account of the new purchase as the username has already been taken by the old plan you mentioned. You’ll need to log out of the current account on the app and then go through the registration process using the new purchase details.

You can set up a new email address and use that as the username and once you’ve registered the online account, you can update the contact email address to your original email address. 

Alternatively, if you use a Gmail address you can actually turn your single email address into multiple addresses by using some of the tricks found here. All emails will still go to one inbox.

Hope this helps!

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?