Question

new sim only contract cant connect to iD

• 18 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Hello.

I have just upgraded to sim only , inserted new sim card but phone won't connect to ID network 

What's gone wrong please

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello @Peace 

If you have upgraded, your old SIM should still be working. Please can you try that and let us know how you get on?

My old sim works but it was a monthly contract . I have requested a new sim only contract and inserted the new sim but it won't connect to ID network

The new sim only contract isn't working.

The new sim has been inserted but it won't connect to ID network.

I had a 24 month contract before but have just swapped to sim only yearly contract.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I am afraid there are some delays with some SIM’s being activated and numbers porting over at the moment. Our team are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible.

I would advise to periodically reboot your phone and hopefully it will activate soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi,

I am not having to need number portering as I am with same network but got new sim because of sim only contract.

Are you able to check what is the problem with my new sim.

How long do I wait before number is activated??

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

You should be able to continue to use your old SIM. As I explained, there are some delays with SIM activation at the moment. Our team are working on getting this fixed as soon as possible. 

This is nonsense. Please give your customers correct information for their issues of concern.

I received the new Sim for a sim only contract after being with ID mobile 24 months on a contract. As there was no clear instruction with the new Sim that you just insert it and no need to do anything further.

I was left with no coverage after putting in the new sim. 

After stressing and perseverance I came to the realization that I needed to do more. So eventually I pecevered and resolved the issue without any help from ID mobile.

So I think you need to get a grip as a company and supply correct user information for set up if sending them a new sim

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Peace 

Once an upgrade has completed and your new SIM card has arrived, the SIM would need to be activated via your iD Mobile app.

We have had a few issues with connections over the past few days, this has resulted in some delays with SIM activation's. 

I’m pleased to hear your new SIM is now up and running.

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?