Question

No 5G on Find X2 Pro

• 23 April 2022
  • 9 replies

I know this has been asked before, but I want an actual answer. So I just switched from virgin, where I could use 5G on my Oppo Find X2 Pro, but now, on ID, I can't. So I go online to find that my phone isn't compatible with their 5G network, even though it can use 5G on Three... And ID uses threes network, so it should be able to. And then i see that the find x2 lite can use 5G, the lowest end x2 phone, while the highest end x2 phone can't? Then the find x3 neo can use 5G, even though it has the same chipset. This question has been asked 6 months ago, and ID said they were waiting for their engineers or whatever to verify it, and they still haven't. It makes no sense. Either enable 5G on it or give a valid reason why it cant use it please

9 replies

Userlevel 2

No idea if you need this - but it helped me! 

There doesn’t seem to be a valid reason behind it.  However I now use app “Samsung Band Selection”   downloaded from Google Play, and can unlock 5g on the phone.  (Same Oppo Find X2 Pro)  

After android 12 update rolled out (Finally)  I lost 5g option.  This app unlocks the 5g ability again, although it does not appear as an option in preferred network. Just DOES access 5g when in certain areas of course. 

Userlevel 1

Hi

i too have lost 5g after the latest update. I reentered the code *#54794824# and it said it was activated but I can’t find the 5g preferred network in sim settings. The sim did work on 5g on the previous OS. By entering the code

I don’t think ID are interested in testing the oppo find x2 pro for compatibility as I would think they are concentrating on the latest phones. Hope I’m wrong 

Could you explain how to use the Samsung band selector on the oppo find x2 pro please 

thanks

Userlevel 2

Hi

i too have lost 5g after the latest update. I reentered the code *#54794824# and it said it was activated but I can’t find the 5g preferred network in sim settings. The sim did work on 5g on the previous OS. By entering the code

I don’t think ID are interested in testing the oppo find x2 pro for compatibility as I would think they are concentrating on the latest phones. Hope I’m wrong 

Could you explain how to use the Samsung band selector on the oppo find x2 pro please 

thanks

Samsung band selection is just an app in Play Store.  Once downloaded open app, click “more network settings” - “prefered network type” -    and select the last option  “NR/LTE……….GSM/WCDMA. 

you will then pick up 5g when in a 5g area.  Also you can check your preferred network type will show 5g/4g/3g/2g (auto)      Note though - if you restart your phone for any reason this will all need to be redone.  

Hope this helps.    It is really easy to use TBH.  Once you know what you doing with it. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi

thanks

Perhaps, given that an Android OS update broke availability of 5G on your Oppo device, is the main reason why a small MVNO like iD Mobile aren’t interested in testing older handsets.

Surely using a third party Samsung Band Selection app, intended for use with a selection of Samsung devices, on your Oppo isn’t such a good idea?

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply's 

I did try the Samsung app but it doesn't work on the Oppo or at least on version 12 OS 

Userlevel 2

Works perfectly on mine.  CPH2025_11_F.19   Been using it since the Android 12 rollout. 

After you change the PNT in Samsung band app you should pick up 5g when in a 5g area. Worth reading through XDA forum for advice too - https://forum.xda-developers.com/c/oppo-find-x2-pro.10175/   

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks for your reply's 

I did try the Samsung app but it doesn't work on the Oppo or at least on version 12 OS 

Okay @Rayek, earlier in this topic, @D17ragon reported using this third party app successfully with his Oppo, which was running Android 12 - seems odd.

Userlevel 1

Hi

i chose the first option in “Launch Band Selection “ and it came up with a message Hidden network settings not found on this device.

So I reinstalled the app and followed the above instructions. Now I get the 5g added to the green text under the Preferred network type but when you enter into the Preferred network type there is only the 4g and 3G option that are not  selected. However on checking the network icon at the top of the screen it indeed shows connection to be 5g. So thanks it does work

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Veda_Van 

Unfortunately the device isn’t officially supported for 5G on iD Mobile, we wouldn’t have an exact reason as to why beyond this I’m afraid, it’s not impossible for it to be added to our supported devices list in the future though!

Although as @andewhite suggests, we’d be looking to add more new devices over old ones.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?