Solved

no text messages aftwr number ported across.

• 24 June 2021
  • 7 replies

My partner and I have just moved over to ID mobile, my number has ported across successfully but his hasn't. I have sent him several texts and he's not receiving them. When he texts me back the number is a different number, however when I call his number that he was supposedly keeping it rings on his phone. What's going on? 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 25 June 2021, 23:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Marieh1 

I think I might know what's going on here. Just to make sure I am thinking correctly. Would be okay to let me know if you both are using Apple iPhones? Also have you both requested number transfer at the same time? 

Hello, No not Apple iPhone, we both ordered new Samsung phones when we set our new contracts up. Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Either the porting process was still under way at the time of your post or its the result of a split port @Marieh1.

Is it working ok now?

The porting process supposedly completed on Tuesday and ID mobile confirmed that but this issue is happening now. What shall we do for a split port? As it sounds like that bearing in mind the calls work fine.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If it is a split port, only ID Mobile can submit a request to resolve it. Have you spoken to a live agent?

If not, you can do so using the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The porting process supposedly completed on Tuesday and ID mobile confirmed that but this issue is happening now. What shall we do for a split port? As it sounds like that bearing in mind the calls work fine.

Hello @Marieh1,

If you haven’t had the issue resolved via Live Chat, please let us know here and we’ll get a message sent over here to help resolve this.

Mohammed

I had an issue with sending text messages on an Android phone (Moto e6 plus) after a successful number port to id mobile. The issue was that messages were showing as received from the old id mobile number, not the successfully ported one. Turned out that my default text messaging app was set to 'Chat' not 'SMS'. In the Android messaging app I turned off Chat features and the problem was fixed.

Why iD Mobile?