Solved

nokia 8.3 and x20 wifi calling

• 12 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

hi, currently looking at a new phone nokia 8.3 or x20 and have poor indoor signal at home. i have a nokia 8 on android 9 which i  cannt get wifi calling on, but  i also have a nokia 7.2 which works on android 10.

i know they arent on the list, but does anyone have either of these phone 8.3 or x20 and does the wifi work or is it just down which version of android similar to the iphones. thanks

icon

Best answer by balto 16 June 2021, 10:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @balto,

If the handsets don’t feature on our compatibility list, I would be very pessimistic in them being able to use WiFi calling with us, regardless of version.

Sorry for any disappointment.

Will

Userlevel 1

hi,thanks for the reply.

how frequently is the handset list updated? as it seems to be old, for the speed the new phones come out. thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It has the Samsung S21 Ultra 5G handset listed and that’s Samsung’s latest flagship phone which was release in the UK on 29th January 2021. So at the very latest it had to have been last updated sometime in February. 👍

Userlevel 1

thanks for the reply. Took the chance and purchased the nokia x20 and found like the Nokia 7.2 the wifi calling does work at least for now,so now have a signal in the dead spot in my house.So i dont have to change network now.:slight_smile:      

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Great news! 👍

Why iD Mobile?