Solved

Not being notified for majority of incoming call

For a while now (I think since I upgraded to a sim only plan), I’m not being notified when someone is calling me or that I have missed a call. The only way I know that someone has called me is by manually going onto my call log to see missed calls listed there. This mainly happens when my phone is locked, I have found if I am using my phone then the call tends to shows up. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Emilyhobkinson 18 May 2021, 22:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Badge +10

@Emilyhobkinson

I suspected you had an iphone

go to Settings > Do Not Disturb. Check that this is turned OFF (top toggle only)

More over think you have an Android:

Important: Settings can vary by phone.

1. Open your phone's Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps and notifications and then Notifications.
  3. Under 'Lock screen', tap Notifications on lock screen or On lock screen.
  4. Choose Show alerting and silent notifications.
    • On some phones, choose Show all notification content.

If you have another type of mobile please let us know the make and model.

@terrywebbs 

I have a Huawei P20 Lite

Badge +10

@Emilyhobkinson 

The content of notifications will be hidden when Face unlock has been enabled, so you might want to follow the complete list from the start to end, it covers the face recognition issue later on...

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00445086/

Then if that still doesn’t work, here is another list to follow

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/content/en-gb00407070/

Please complete each section in turn

@terrywebbs 

I think the part on the second link about making sure notifications for the contacts app were on might have done it. They were off before and I turned them on and had someone try calling me and it worked so fingers crossed that its solved and that wasn’t just a one off:fingers_crossed_tone1:!!

Thank you for your help!

Badge +10

@Emilyhobkinson 

That’s Fantastic

I noticed recently on my iPhone that settings are being randomly placed all over the show, it’s a wonder any one can navigate to the right place to turn simple stuff on or off these days !!!

Why iD Mobile?