Question

Not receiving text messages

• 10 July 2021
  • 6 replies

I've ported my number from Vodafone to ID a few days ago and can't receive text messages. I don't get any texts from my contacts or any verification codes that are needed to login to apps. How do I fix this? 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Hello,

I moved over from Vodafone to ID on Thursday, by Friday the PAC code had worked any my number has transferred over. But since then, I can send text messages and make calls but cannot receive any texts. Either from contacts or verification codes used to sign into apps, they never arrive on my end. I'm on Android. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @mattg1919,

I noticed you had two topics so I’ve merged them together. Is your handset an iPhone, if so, could you do the following for me:

1) Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) then restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number)
5) then turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”

Please let us know how you get on either way.

Will

I’m on Android

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Cheers @mattg1919,

Which handset specifically?

Would you mind removing the SIM cardand powering down the handset for me for 10 minutes?

Will

I'm using a Huawei p30 pro. Unfortunately that didn't work. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mattg1919 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?