Question

number not trasferred

As many of you have stated, my number has not been ported despite submitting PAC and I have been without my phone for two days now. There is no help and second day of my contract I am regretting joining this terrible operator. I have no way of contacting anyone. Is anyone from idmob checking this by any chance …surprise me with some response 

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Inder 

Thanks for getting in touch. I am afraid there are some delays with some SIM’s being activated and numbers porting over at the moment. Our team are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible.

I would advise to periodically reboot your phone and hopefully it will activate soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks , I have luckily now decided to cancel my contract. This is one of the worst company I have had to deal with. I am prepared to have pain of few days then deal with this lot for the next 2 years. Disgraceful the way you treat your customers. You accept your incompetence but expect and burden your customer for your mistakes. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I am very sorry to hear that @Inder 

Well, now idmobile is refusing to give me PAC code…so I can’t move to another supplier..you are being vindictive for me highlighting your bad service. I have returned the phone to mobiles.co.  But no way of contacting you to get pac…last time I managed to chat with someone..I was told you won’t do anything until I return my phone. Incredible, you fail to provide a service, you refuse to let me leave you…I have lost my contact number now…I had my number for over 20 years…it’s effecting my work..

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you wanted your PAC @Inder then all you had to do was text 'PAC' to 65075.

Did you put in a cancellation request?

So I did try to put cancellations…you refused to do it. You wanted me to return the phone to mobiles.co…I did that…now I don’t have a phone or number ..how do I text you? Do you see how bad your system is…it’s designed for inconvenience not to solve issues. Anyways, please advice how I text you and put a cancellation request now…without a phone 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I am a customer just like you...

ID Mobile wouldn’t be able to cancel your account as you purchased your device and SIM through a third party (mobiles.co.uk) website. You’d have to send everything back to mobiles.co.uk for a refund and they will then get the account closed down (or should).

Did you bother to read their RETURNS, CANCELLATION AND EXCHANGE POLICY?

https://media.secure-mobiles.com/tandc/Mobiles_/Mobiles-returns-cancellation-and-exchange-policy0821.pdf

It states under the 14 Day Return section that you need to “Advise us if you have ported your number.”. I’m guessing you didn’t do that and you didn’t request a PAC before sending everything back? You should be speaking to mobiles.co.uk about this and ask them what exactly it is that you need to do.

Going back to ID Mobile, what is their reason for not providing you with a PAC? Has the account been terminated already?

I don’t think you even read notes that your colleagues have taken when I complained to them. I did all that…and all you did is…exactly what you are doing now…deflect and blame …I did port my number…is there even a point in asking fir help ?

SORRY

i am so frustrated with whole situation that did not realise you are a customer. Apologies, I thought help desk is responding 

No, mobiles.co.uk can not request pac…only I can…they can only confirm that they have received the phone back…and you advised to me (on the record) that you will not issue PAC before confirmation from mobiles. Now they have got the phone and you can check with them…but I can’t ask fir PAC because you want me to text you from a phone that does not exist!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

OK so the phone has been returned and you have had confirmation of this from mobiles.co.uk? 

Do you still have access to your ID Mobile online account?

Is the number you want to port out still active?

It’s worth mentioning that a network cannot refuse to give a customer a PAC code once requested. It makes no difference if you’re under still under contract or failed to return any hardware. A final bill will always be generated and will include fees that cover such things. 

If ID Mobile are refusing to provide you with one without good reason (e.g. failed account verification or telephone number no longer active) then you should make a complaint.

Also see here:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switching/switching-mobile-phone-provider

Yes, I have made a complaint but since that i am unable to login…so my account is closed.I did request cancellation but was told it is going through mobile.co. Mobiles have received my handset but they can not ask for PAC …only I can apparently…I have no way to ask other than this group. As it’s obvious the CS here are not bothered to even response. I guess they are used to it…however, if it’s not resolved by Monday..I will not hesitate to take it to court fir loss of income because of their lack of response.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

When an ID Mobile account is closed you're normally provided with online access to it for up to six months after. Yes, mobiles.co.uk are correct when they say that they cannot request a PAC, you have to do that prior to giving notice of your intention to surrender the goods and service under any cooling off period.

Sounds like you put in a cancellation request and upon mobiles.co.uk receiving the goods back they have simply closed the account. That is likely the reason why ID Mobile are unable to provide you with a PAC number now. I’m just guessing of course…

I will not hesitate to take it to court fir loss of income because of their lack of response.

Unfortunately ID Mobile is for personal use only and Business use is not allowed as per section 5.9 of the Terms & Conditions.

See here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions

5.9 We are providing the SIM Card and the Services solely for your own personal use (and not for any business purposes) and that you will not re-sell or otherwise act as any form of distributor in respect of the SIM Card, the Content, the Services or your number, code or any associated number. You must not connect a GSM Gateway to the Network or otherwise establish, install or use a GSM Gateway in relation to the Network or the Services without our prior written consent, which may be withheld at our absolute discretion.

Anyway, a member of the ID Mobile team will stumble across your post at some point and likely reach out with an offer of help via the Community Private Message system. As there has been a major network issue this week it may take a while before they get to you. Good Luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Inder,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?