Question

Other people cant hear me when making call

• 27 January 2022
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1

This problem has been persisting for a while now.

Whilst I am on calls I can hear the other person however they can't hear me. I then have to proceed to use WhatsApp calls where there is no issue 

This is extremely frustrating given I use the services for work purposes. I have full signal on my phone and have tried the sim card in another phone and the issue still happens.

Please can this be looked at?

Thanks

Alex

17 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @patch9495,

The iD terms and conditions state their services are for personnel use alone.

You may need to switch to another provider who offer contracts for business use.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This problem has been persisting for a while now.

Whilst I am on calls I can hear the other person however they can't hear me. I then have to proceed to use WhatsApp calls where there is no issue 

This is extremely frustrating given I use the services for work purposes. I have full signal on my phone and have tried the sim card in another phone and the issue still happens.

Please can this be looked at?

Thanks

Alex

Hello @patch9495,

It sounds like this could be due to coverage. Does this happen only at home?

What’s the full postcode of the area?

Userlevel 1

Hi the postcode is DA176HS. This happens primarily at home but also occasionally outside the house. Thanks alex

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi the postcode is DA176HS. This happens primarily at home but also occasionally outside the house. Thanks alex

Hello @patch9495,

The coverage checker shows this postcode being within or very close to an area where the 3G & 4G signal is not good indoors, and no 5G at all.

Network coverage is affected by many factors, such as:

• building materials
  • weather conditions
  • temporary structures
  • local topography
  • number of concurrent users at any given time using the same network cell

The coverage checker maps are theoretical, based on computer models, so do not always reflect the real-world situation at a given location.

This might explain the issues you’ve got - have you tried using the iD Wi-Fi Calling service?

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

I have tried wifi calling but unfortunately this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Is there anything I can do to sort this as it is becoming a major issue for me thanks alex

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @patch9495, what handset are you using (make & model)?

When you tried Wi-Fi Calling, did you have your handset in Airplane-mode?

I rely on Wi-Fi Calling where I live, but always use it in Airplane-mode when I’m at home.

Anyway, good luck. 

Userlevel 1

Hi model is Xiaomi 10 lite 5g. I haven't tried my phone in airplane mode as I wouldn't think this would be required to recieve calls. Thanks alex

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi model is Xiaomi 10 lite 5g. I haven't tried my phone in airplane mode as I wouldn't think this would be required to recieve calls. Thanks alex

Okay @patch9495, unfortunately your handset is not supported for Wi-Fi Calling with iD Mobile. That’s not to say it won’t work, but if it doesn't there’s no support available from iD.

The list of currently supported handsets is available in the “How do I get Wi-Fi Calling?” section of the iD “Wi-Fi Calling” page.

Anyway, good luck.

Have you had any luck with this?

I've just joined and both mine and my wife's phones are affected.

Userlevel 1

No luck with this unfortunately. Incredibly frustrating

It can only be network coverage. I joined with Two different phones both have the same fault. So not the hand sets.

Waiting for the technical team to get back to me. 

Userlevel 1

Agreed. Both me and my partner are with ID and experiencing the same issues with 2 different handsets

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @patch9495,

The coverage checker shows your postcode being within or very close to an area where the 3G & 4G signal is not good indoors, and no 5G at all.

The coverage checker maps are based on computer models, and as such do not always reflect the real-world situation at a given location.

Looks like the the actual coverage is worse than predicted at your home’s postcode, which might explain the issues you’ve got there.

I’ve experienced the same problem on an iPhone. It seems to be a common issue with ID Mobile and will be the reason I’ll probably cancel my account, if it can’t be fixed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Platypus69, have you run a coverage check here? How many bars of signal does your phone show? Does it only happen indoors? Have you tried performing a network reset?

Please provide as much specific information as possible and we’ll be in a better position to assist.

Thank you,

Rory

HI Rory...I get about 2-3 bars, so coverage isn’t great there but should be enough for a voice call. It happens outside and in. It also happened a few times in central London - Oxford Circus - which has good coverage. I have tried resetting the network but it made no difference. 

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Platypus69, have you, or are you able to, test the SIM in a different device? Alternatively, do you have another SIM you can test in your device?

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?