Solved

Outage of the App

Userlevel 2

Thanks for not sending out an email about the outage. I've only come across it by accident. I've been trying to sign in all day !! As paying customers, the least you could do is advise us there is a problem! The app does not open, which I now know is an ongoing issue, but I can't get ID on the web either. I've enclosed the screen shot of my web attempt.

Any idea when it will be sorted? I don't envy you, sorting it😫, but good luck 😉

icon

Best answer by Emil 3 August 2021, 13:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I think this is the fourth day it's been down? Not good! Must be something major. 👀

Userlevel 2

Hi Welshpaul,

Yeh, I think you are right. I was kinda annoyed but I've calmed down 🙄 It seems like the app and website are more often not working, than working! I wonder if we will get a part refund on this month's bill? 😂😂...noooo, I think not. Don't even know how to pay my bill now as the direct debit has never worked in 5 years and there's no app or web site 🤔

Happy days 😫

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I was just able to login via the I'd mobile website. I guess they fixed it? No idea if the app is working as I don't use it.

Userlevel 2

Cool, I'll have a go, but I've saved up some swear words if it doesn't 🤣 .I keep them especially for the ID app 😏. Thanks 👍

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Spike. kie,

Are you back up and running now?

Will

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Yes, all up and running. Thanks for asking. 

It would be great though, next time there is an issue, if you emailed us, the customers, so we know it's not our devices and spend ages clearing the cache, rebooting and un-installing, needlessly!

Communication is not ID's strong point despite communication being it's business!

Glad it's all sorted and thanks for asking 😉

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Spike. kie 

We are happy to hear this has now beenr esolved and you are now able to use the app. Feel free to message us for any issues you may have.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 2

Twenty four hours after.....guess what....once again the app won't open. It just says processing after either logging in or using biometrics, 🙄 and goes nowhere.

Also, i can't log in to the web site either. I just wanted to look into how I transfer to another network. I wonder why???

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Access to online accounts has been down all day today. 

Userlevel 2

Hi WelshPaul,

Yes, here we go again. I've had enough. My contract is coming to an end so I'm moving to Sky Mobile. Phone ordered . It's ridiculous they expect customers to accept this awful service. On top of that there is no email telling us it's down again and more importantly, no apology.

I've had enough. After 5 years it's time to go. It's also been a nightmare trying to get through to them by phone....at least Sky has a special disability access telephone number. 

The other issue that worries me is these scam texts. How do the scammers know I am with ID? It's a small network and company. There is no way the texts are random. I think Dixon's/ Caroline have had a data leak or been hacked.

The odds of picking a phone number then guessing the network that number belongs to, randomly, are astronomical. It's ID customers who are getting the scam texts. No one else!

It's worrying.

Hope you are well mate 😉

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Spike. kie 

We have undergone an infrastructure transformation which entails upgrading all our systems; unfortunately, this caused more disruption during this process than predicted. 

In terms of sending out ‘service outage’ emails, we were unable to do this as some of the issues that were caused by our upgrades impacted our ability to do this. 

However, the iD Community is always the best place to come for help and support or to stay up to date with everything iD, including service outages. 

As soon as we are made aware of an issue we always try to highlight this to our customers as soon as possible by using the orange banner that you will see at the top of the Community page. 

We strongly apologise for any inconvenience caused during these upgrades. 

We are sorry to see you go and thank you for the time you have spent with us! 

Emil

Userlevel 2

I have asked for my PAC code etc( via text) and I spoke to ID customer service regarding my intention to leave. He said I will owe £30 as my contract ends in October.

I've just received a message from ID telling me different. It says I may be charged a termination fee?

It also says to look on the app at my final bill. As per normal, I can't ,as neither the app or the web site are working.

So everything is down and on top of that I am lied to once again by Customer Service staff who have no knowledge of ID.

Further to this, I have told Customer Service personal ( for the last 5 years)over and over, of my disability and the difficulty using chat etc. Today, on the day I am leaving, I find out you have a separate disability (accessibility) phone number!

ID ,you are a mess.

Why iD Mobile?