Question

Phone Call Failure

Over the past week I have noticed that all my calls seem to only last 10 seconds or so before falling silent. This silence (nothing I say can be heard and nothing the person I am talking to says can be heard by me) either ends with the call failing, or audio reconnecting, only to go silent again 30 seconds later. I have not noticed any pattern to this.

This poor call performance has effectively stopped me from using the audio phone call feature of my phone (i.e. the primary reason I have an ID mobile monthly contract). I have both signal and 4G when this occurs. Over the period I have been experiencing this problem I have had no issues with text messages.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @CRalston,

That does sound an odd one. So has the line ever worked completely fine then?

Have you tried the SIM card in another handset to see how it behaves?

If you can provide us with a postcode, we can take a look and see if there is a mast problem for you.

Will

Hi Will,

Yes from when I first took out a contract with ID mobile until now the line has functioned perfectly. I have not tried switching the sim card to another handset, however I will give that a go.

My post code is G12 9HS.

Cheers,

Calum

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Cheers @CRalston.

Whilst you’re doing that, I’ve just checked, and it does look like some maintenance started on your local mast around 3 days ago. There isn’t an expected date for completion yet, however if you’re still experiencing these issues after Monday, please get back in touch and we’ll escalate this for you right away.

Is that alright?

Will

Why iD Mobile?