Solved

Phone Number not transferred

• 18 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Requested on the 14th August for my old number to be transferred to my ID sim was told it would be done by the 17th August but its the 18th and its still not done.

Can someone help me regarding this. I’m a new customer and I’ve had to contact ID mobile on 4 different occasions already. Not a good start...

icon

Best answer by Michelle 20 August 2021, 10:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello @Rebecc09 

Thanks for getting in touch. I am afraid there are some delays with some SIM’s being activated and numbers porting over at the moment. Our team are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible.

I would advise to periodically reboot your phone and hopefully it will activate soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Userlevel 1

Hi, is there a timeframe when this will be done by? I see a lot of similar posts with the same reply. 

Will I get a text from ID mobile when the transfer has been done?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I am afraid we do not have a timescale for when this will be resolved, but be assured our team are working on this to get it fixed as soon as they can.

Userlevel 1

I am in the same position, and saying it’s broken and you have no idea when it will be fixed is not my idea of helpful.

Userlevel 1

I'm in exactly the same situation.

I requested to port my old number on Sunday 15th August.

Got a text confirming it was received and that it would go ahead of 17th August.

17th August has come and gone.

My old number has been disconnected, so the porting process has started, but it's not got to my new SIM contract yet.

Try ringing or texting my old number says 'number not recognised' so anyone trying to contact me cannot reach me.

I use my phone for various work contracts - so this is a very big issue for me.

I raised this with ID Mobile this morning and they said they have identified a big issue across their whole network both registering new Sims and also porting number across. It only got identified this morning and they don't have a fix or timescale yet, but said they expect it to be 24/48 hours.

The terms and conditions on ID website says any port not completed on the date indicated would automatically be credited 7 days contract price.

This hasn't been done yet either and I'm still without my phone number.

Please sort quickly, or at least provide a update on your main website/social media accounts. This affects your whole business, so it should not be down to individuals to contact you or search to see what the issue is. This isn't acceptable business practice.

Userlevel 1

I am in the same position @danlat1415 

I am starting to get extremely frustrated as no one seems to be keeping us up to date. An email perhaps to let us all know what is happening. 

What a massive let down when joining a new network!

Userlevel 1

Me too! 
Gave my PAC on Monday before 5:30pm. App said it would be done by the 17th, and still nothing.  I have rebooted so many times I am going to wear the side buttons out. Have had live chats every day to chase up and get told it is with the technical team. Today I got told to wait another 48 hrs!  My app now says the port in cannot be processed at this time and to try later. 
I really need to be on my old number, your website states the word “exact timescales” for port in over and that 7 days line rental is credited if not completed.  Really dissatisfied with the service and the lack of updates is just unbelievable.  Is it a 30 day returns policy as I think this is looking to be a long 24 months contract. 
@iD Mobile @iD Support any chance of an update? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Sally Purkiss 

We are very sorry for the delay with your number port, due to an issue early in the week with our systems, number ports have been delayed.

We do have a team working through all port in requests as we speak.

You will receive a text message once your number has ported over successfully.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?