Question

Pixel 5 5G support complaint

• 31 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have been told to make a post on the community in order to start a discussion with iD support, as the Pixel 5 contract I am paying for is not allowing for 5G access due to a technical issue on iD’s behalf, and the owner of the device for which I am paying has been notified by support that a free month’s line rental can be claimed as compensation.

Thank you

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @paul.allan78,

I’d recommend making your complaint using iD Live Chat service - just go to:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat/

You might have to tell the chat bot you want to “talk to a person”, but it’s staffed 9am - 8pm, Mon - Fri.

Good luck! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Otherwise, you’ll have to wait until one of the iD staff in the forum (iD community) looks at your post and sends you a private message.

Good luck @paul.allan78

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @paul.allan78,

We have recently been in touch with Google directly regarding the 5G issue affecting the Google Pixel handsets whilst they are being used on our network and Google have came back to us to let us know that 5G will not be available whilst using their device on our network for the time being.

We are investigating this further with Google to understand how this mistake was made and for now, 5G will not be available until around the middle of October however we are trying to push for the feature to be enabled by Google a lot sooner. We apologise for the inconvenience caused by this situation. Although we have no set offer in place, we can discuss this further to see what we can do for you.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?