Question

Pixel 5 Wifi calling not working

Hi,

Despite having Wifi calling enabled on my Pixel 5 and checking all the settings listed by others in a similar position, I can not get wifi calling working on iD mobile.
I have the latest software updates, have disable and re-enabled wifi calling, reset router etc.etc but still no luck. 

I went for the Pixel 5 as an upgrade on my Pixel 2 and had no problems with Wifi calling before.

Come on iD mobile, sort this out. Ther are others having the same issue and unable to contat anyone directly over this just the useless CHATBOT. 

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @furyzetec,

Sorry to hear about this. We have a few things that we may require you to try so that we can get this working.

Firstly 

1. Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and make sure that Wi-Fi Calling is on.
  2. Restart your iPhone.

If the above doesn’t make any difference Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.

It may also be worth testing the SIM in another handset that supports Wifi Calling and also try to connect to another WiFi network as some networks may not allow or fully support WiFi calling.

Let us know how you get on with the above and we will advise further.

Kash

Hi Kash,

Not sure what settings/general are but that is not in the Pixel 5. There are no Network reset available on the Pixel 5 that I can find.

I have already ensured that Wifi calling is enabled as steted in my first post, and I have updated to the latest software and done a restart.

I have used Wifi calling on this network before as also previously stted, it just isnt working on a Pixel 5 on iD Mobile although the Pixel 5 is listed by iD mobile as supported. I am not the only one having this issue.

I tried inserting the SIM in my Old pixel 2 but iDmobile does not support Wifi calling with that phone so can not test it that way either

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @furyzetec,

Did you purchase the device from us directly or did you get it from a different network/retailer?

Have you tried putting your phone in airplane mode and then turning WiFi on and trying to call? This usually forces WiFi Calling if the feature is working fine.

WiFi Calling only kicks in when the connection drops low enough.

Mohammed

I purchased through mobiles.co.uk not direct through iDMobile.

When switching to airplane mode and switching on wifi it pops up ‘Turn off airplane mode or connect to wireless network’. I am connected to a wireless network as I can search through a browser.

Seems like the phone does not detect when connected to a network for wireless calling but does for internet.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @furyzetec 

Have you been able to use WiFi calling with the iD Mobile SIM at any point?

How long have you had your phone?

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi, I've had my phone since February and never been able to use it for WiFi calling. I occasionally see it show 'WiFi calling' in the task bar at the top but that soon disappears. Difficulty is the signal drops in and out so can't test it unless I switch to airplane mode and I'm not sure it is meant to work when airplane mode is active. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @furyzetec 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details so that we can contact our Technical Team for further advice.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michele 

iD Mobile 

I have replied with the details requested. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thank you @furyzetec 

A member of the team will contact you within 24 hours.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?