Solved

Pixel 6 Pro not working with ID mobile?

• 26 October 2021
  • 38 replies

Userlevel 1

Pixel 6 Pro arrived today from Google, put my ID Mobile SIM in it....no signal. Put the SIM back in my Pixel 5a, all working.

Tried the wife's SIM card, she's also on IDMobile, not working.

Tried an EE SIM and a Vodafone SIM in the Pixel 6, all working fine.

IDMobile trying to fob me off on that the handset has an issue, that it's network locked. Google saying it's a network issue as it works with the other Sims.

Google do not sell network locked phones.

Anyone else get this? Or on Three/Smarty? (IDMobile use threes network)

icon

Best answer by rorymitchellster 27 October 2021, 10:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

38 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi All,

We’ve been advised that Google released a new software update a few hours ago which has fixed the issue.

You should be able to update your software through the settings option, however you may need to perform a full factory reset for it to start working.

If you’ve tried the above and seem to still be having issues, please do let us know and we’ll get to the bottom of it.

I hope you are enjoying your new Pixel handsets.

You may want to take a look at our Community post HERE

Kash

Hey. Security update on pixel 6 this morning. SIM card works now. Not sure if related or ID did a fix. All good now though - 5g as well. Pixel 6

This is the way.

Can confirm this works.

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

We’ve been advised that Google released a new software update a few hours ago which has fixed the issue.

You should be able to update your software through the settings option, however you may need to perform a full factory reset for it to start working.

If you’ve tried the above and seem to still be having issues, please do let us know and we’ll get to the bottom of it.

I hope you are enjoying your new Pixel handsets.

Kash

Thanks Kash.

I must say I spoke to 2 online chats yesterday who basically tried to tell me:

- SIM Card fault

- Handset fault

- Device was locked to another network(?!)

I had to insist it was escalated up, but it was - hopefully - but very reluctantly. I wasn’t particularly impressed.

Userlevel 1

Kash

That link needs a login

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Brentstarburst,

That’s strange as you shouldn’t need to log in to view it.

However please do let us know if you have any issues and we are sorry that the SIM wasn’t working with the handset right away.

Kash

iD Mobile

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

@Kash yea requests login information.

See below screenshot:

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I believe the link is now working on Kash’s reply, however the quoted replies still had the old link which have been updated too.

Here is it again. Please let us know if it works.

Ryan

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi everyone, 

In regards to the connectivity issues some of you are having, please ensure that your new Pixel 6 devices have been updated to the most recent software and operating system. 

Your new Pixel 6 device should say: 

Software: SD1A.210817.036

O/S Version: Android 12

Hope this helps.

Emil

Seems like maybe I'm a minority, but I'm still experiencing issues using mobile data on my Pixel 6 with iD.

Mostly the problems are with some apps, TikTok, Google Maps, Translate etc.

Seems to be intermittent, although did improve a bit since updating the phone though very much still a frustrating experience.

I read it could be caused by issues with 5G.

@iD what should I do? I bought the phone and contract together from Carphone Warehouse and have waited to see if the issue solves itself which hasn't happened yet

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @DCrouch,

We’re sorry to hear about those issues.

Have you tried the SIM card inside another phone to see if the data works fine with those apps?
If you have 5G in your area, do those apps work any better on 4G? You can change the phone to use ‘4G/LTE’ networks within the settings.

Ryan

Hi @Ryan,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I've tried my iD SIM in my old phone (Pixel 2 XL) and it worked fine and I tried yesterday to see if restricting to 4G worked and it didn't help.

Anything else I can try?

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Hi all,

My pixel 6 pro isn't connecting to my carrier's mobile network.

It can regonise that it is an id mobile SIM card and I have activated the SIM card.

I have run a system update on the phone and it is the most up to date software.

I have tried a factory reset. 

I have tried changing the preferred network settings to 4g and 3g to see if that would make a difference.

I can't see any settings on my id mobile account to change.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Why iD Mobile?