Poor Network Coverage at home

• 27 November 2021
  • 12 replies

Just taken out 2 new mobile contracts for me and my partner and our signal is horrible at home, tried multiple tests with phone calls, and it either sounds like you are under water or the calls just keep breaking and that's if the call actually goes through! 

Starting to think weather to just hand phones back and move on.

When I check my postcode, apparently the area is Very Good??

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @MichaelF I am sorry to hear of the problems you are having with coverage.

Is this a recent problem? When did it starts? What is your postcode please? Are you using WiFi calling at all?

I am a brand new customer with 2 brand new phones just moved mine and my partner's numbers to here, very much regretting it now as the signal is trash ever since I became a customer and I feel lied to since the signal coverage chart says signal is Very Good in my Postcode area.

No offence but don't fancy giving out my postcode in a public forum.

Can I cancel these contracts and send handsets back now?

Just found I can return both handsets to Curry's within 14 days and I'll go back to EE, don't fancy poor signal at home for 2 years with 0 customer service as there's no one on the end of a phone and the live chat has been down 4 times within my first week.

I thought the deal was too good to be true

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@MichaelF,

If you require any assistance with the return please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just taken out 2 new mobile contracts for me and my partner and our signal is horrible at home, tried multiple tests with phone calls, and it either sounds like you are under water or the calls just keep breaking and that's if the call actually goes through! 

Starting to think weather to just hand phones back and move on.

When I check my postcode, apparently the area is Very Good??

Sadly all the network operators use coverage checkers based on computer models of the expected coverage - sometimes the reality is different to the computer model.

If your devices were supported, the iD Wi-Fi Calling Service could have solved the issue at your home postcode.

I rely on the iD Wi-Fi Calling service at my home, because I’m in a mobile not-spot and it’s been a great service in my experience. 

Anyway, good luck.

Speaking to ID Customer service...dear lord

You can return handsets to Currys, Currys then refuse to take them saying I dont know why ID say to bring them here, its not our policy…

sigh

Speak to ID chat again, and yes you can take them to Currys

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah @MichaelF, groundhog day - not great. 

I started to new contracts with ID Mobile (regretting it already)

Signal is terrible where I live, even though they show on the website as being Very Good (Yea right!)
I made the mistake of giving ID Mobile my PAC code as well, sigh...

Anyway, trying to return the handsets to ID Mobile now under the 14 day rule, and they say I can return them to Currys...Tried that and Currys are saying, no idea what ID Mobile keep saying this, its nothing to do with us! Go away!

I go back to ID Mobile chat and they are saying, yep just take it to Currys...obviously yea thats not gonna work.

But I want to send handsets back asap, so now saying theres also an address I can send them too, but now I am worried about my 2 x mobile numbers I brought across with me, as I obviously want to keep these, and I have had no promises this will happen…

Worst experience of a mobile network I have come across...

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

That does sound frustrating @MichaelF,

So you can either return your handset to a Currys store to action a return and cancellation, or you can post it back to us and we can keep an eye on proceedings here for you. For more info, please see the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations#paym-phone

Which option would you prefer? Please let us know either way and we can assist you appropriately either way.

Will

That's not actually correct, Curry's don't accept the phone and I was told by Customer advisors from 2 different stores that they don't know why ID mobile are telling people phones can be returned to a Curry's store as that is incorrect information.

So I sent both phones back yesterday at my own expense for next day recorded delivery.

You guys have received the phones but I'm assuming it'll take you a while to actually cancel the contract, and give me my numbers back as I foolishly transferred my numbers to this network.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

It  is correct @MichaelF, as per the link provided.

Are you able to let us know the store that rejected the requested so that we can have this fed back to them?

Will

Unit 1 Trimdon Street, Sunderland , SR4 6DW and also Unit 2 Durham City Retail Park, Durham, DH1 2RP.

All I want is to make sure I get my 2 numbers back, as they are long term numbers of mine and I regret transferring them across without first making sure the network was ok.

But you really need to do something about your network coverage maps, but they are basically telling lies

Why iD Mobile?