Question

poor network coverage at home in Coleraine

• 8 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi there of recently my network coverage has become very poor and not able to make or receive phone calls. My network strength is 1 bar at best.

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d check for any network faults or problems affecting the service where you live and mainly use your mobile phone.

Check online at https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support.

Have already carried out a area coverage check for BT52 1NN which gave, very good coverage. But my  signal strength is 1 bar at best.

I have been onto Samsung and had a full phone health checked out and phone health is ok

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @GeorgeRitchie, network coverage is just a predicted coverage for your location based on computer models, which make a number of assumptions. The modelled result and real-world can often be different.

Perhaps you’re in an area where Three have already turned OFF their 3G network, before upgrading the area’s 4G network infrastructure.

There’s more about this online in the “Important news about our 3G network” article.

Have you changed handset recently?

Have you tried your iD SIM in another phone?

My family are all on Vodafone with a lot better reception than I have 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @GeorgeRitchie, that’s entirely possible.

EE, O2, Three and Vodafone all operate their own mobile networks. Each company uses different frequencies within the frequency range allocated to mobile network operators in the UK.

iD Mobile use the Three network to provide their services. If your Samsung model offers Wi-Fi Calling, you might be able to use the “iD WiFi Call” service to make & receive, calls & text messages, at your location.

I use the “iD WiFi Call” service at home exclusively, because I live in a mobile not-spot.

Another option is to consider switching to Vodafone or VOXI, to get the same reception as other family members.

Anyway, good luck.

Already using WiFi calling and its hit and miss being honest just totally scunnered with the hit and miss reception. I did have 2 bars abd start of ID contract. The service signalhas dropped over the past 3 months. Well the way things are with ID at the moment, they sre breachbof contract as I am paying for a service that they are unable to sustain or provide 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Already using WiFi calling and its hit and miss being honest just totally scunnered with the hit and miss reception. I did have 2 bars abd start of ID contract. The service signalhas dropped over the past 3 months. Well the way things are with ID at the moment, they sre breachbof contract as I am paying for a service that they are unable to sustain or provide 

Have you tried using Wi-Fi Calling with your handset in flight mode?

I’m not defending iD Mobile, but the thing about mobile network services is the operator cannot guarantee the level & quality of signal - there are too many external factors, which might influence reception at any given time and location.

Assuming you’re on an iD pay monthly plan, section 4 of the latest terms & conditions includes many caveats for breach-of-contract, in particular:

Why iD Mobile?