Question

Ported old number but send texts, only recieve them

• 12 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I’ve recently ported my number on my new iphone13 but I’m having issues with sending texts, has been coming back with “message failure”, however I can receive texts messages. 

I’ve changed the number on iMessages but the old SIM number still shows up under Settings/phone/mynumber Would this be the cause? If so, how do I change it? 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

I’ve recently ported my number on my new iphone13 but I’m having issues with sending texts, has been coming back with “message failure”, however I can receive texts messages. 

I’ve changed the number on iMessages but the old SIM number still shows up under Settings/phone/mynumber Would this be the cause? If so, how do I change it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @mezzies0617,

Have you tried the following steps:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

This usually fixes the issue.

Can you confirm if, although you get the error with message failure, do recipients receive the text?

Sometimes it can take a restart an up to 24-hours to update fully.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’ve merged your topics together as they both surround the same issue.

Please ensure to only create a new topic if the issue is a new issue to one that’s not already raised with us.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?