Solved

Porting Number Can’t be submitted Issue

• 19 August 2021
  • 7 replies

I recently purchased an ID mobile contract on 16/08/2021. I requested my old number (from Lebra) to be transferred to ID Mobile. I was told the transfer would occur on 20/08/2021. Unfortunately, this did not occur so I contacted ID mobile on the phone and a customer advisor looked at my account and said it would occur on 19/08/2021. I have just been on the App and it now says “Sorry, your port-in request can’t be submitted at the moment. Please try again later”. 

I therefore re-rang ID mobile and whilst the customer service operator said he couldn’t help due to the fact we have to use this online web service for help, he could tell there was an issue flagged on my account with the port-in number. I was advised that I needed to contact a customer service advisor via this system as my number may need to be manually transferred as there is an ongoing issue with ID mobile.

I currently have no access to any online banking or other services due to being on a new phone and all apps requiring authentication via my old phone number (that can’t be changed). Furthermore, as a Presiding Justice for the Ministry of Justice, where there are virtual hearings, these are having to be cancelled as my phone number (which authenticates access to my Justice online system) does not work. 

This is truly the most inconvenient and frustrating process to go through with no one being able to tell me (or contact) with what’s going on - meanwhile I’m paying for the contract despite not being in use!

Please can someone contact me for support, I would be incredibly grateful!

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 19 August 2021, 11:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm also having the exact same issue if someone can help me with this.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

There has been an ongoing issue with activating new SIM’s and number porting all week. Not good I know and ID Mobiles lack of communication on the matter doesn’t help either. Sadly all anyone can do is wait. 😔

Unfortunately though I cannot wait for too long as it’s effecting my job! As I’m sure it is with everyone else.

My concern is that there is an issue with the port-in, as stated on the app. This can only be rectified by an ID Mobile Employee. I’m unsure whether additional days or week will unlikely rectify it? Given we can’t contact ID Mobile and speak to someone directly, I’m out of ideas on what to do?

Userlevel 1

Part of a messenger post from iD earlier today (1230) reference my problem the same as yours, so there may be hope! “All delayed ports are being worked on today, you will receive a text message once your number has ported over, this may take 24 hours - Michelle”

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Stevens2021 

We are very sorry for the delay with your number port, due to an issue early in the week with our systems, number ports have been delayed.

We do have a team working through all port in requests as we speak.

You will receive a text message once your number has ported over successfully.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hello @Stevens2021 

We are very sorry for the delay with your number port, due to an issue early in the week with our systems, number ports have been delayed.

We do have a team working through all port in requests as we speak.

You will receive a text message once your number has ported over successfully.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Thank you for your message but is there an estimated time frame for this? Like I said in my original message, I can’t access anything as it’s linked to my old number which should have been ported by now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Stevens2021,

We are experiencing some delays with ports. If the number isn’t ported by Monday please let us know and we will investigate this further.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?