problems after setting up phones

Set up phones requesting old numbers. New numbers given to our dismay. Also phones still say No service after 72 hours. having been told it would take up to 24 hoursd. We need to use our phones!!!

20 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

When did you request the porting of your old numbers (date and time)?

I have written as above. Why are you not replying to my problem? Why are not not setting my phone up as promised and why have you changed our numbers without permission? This is extremely poor service.

Please rectify asap! Lynn Rendell

Thank you, Paul. Sorry, your reply did not show up. We requested the porting of the numbers on Wednesday 11th May about 20.30. We did not realise that you had given us different numbers for 24 hours, but as we were told it would take 24 hours to set up we didn’t check.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

When you take out a new mobile phone service you are given new numbers. However, you have the option to bring over an existing number in the form of a porting request. Porting a number usually takes 24 hours providing you submitted the request before 5pm...

If you submitted the port request after 5pm on Wednesday 11th May then the numbers wouldn't have ported across until Friday 13th.

XAn you not make an outbound call? If so, what number is displayed on the phone you're calling?

I cannot ring out on one of the phones and it says “No service”. The other phone displays a new number 07916959640- not the number requested which was 07967813579.

The phone with no service - if I ring its old number it says that the line is engaaged and asking to leave a message. But this is not received by that no service phone. Does thiis help?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What SIM card do you have inserted into the phone that displays no network? Is it the new iD Mobile SIM or your old network SIM?

If calling out on displays the new tempory number then the port hasn't completed. You will need to speak to iD Mobile using their live chat, you can do that by clicking here. You can also message them via Facebook or Twitter.

Thank you. The phone with no service does have the iD Mobile SIM in it. What do I do about that?

I will also contact iDmobile chat as you suggest about the number.

I’ve clicked on that iD mobile chat as you have suggested but my request has been rejuected - so I can’t get hold of anyone. I did try them yesterday and had the same response.What do I do now?!!! I’m getting desperate!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What do you mean when yo say your request was rejected? Have you tried messaging iD Mobile via Facebook or Twitter?

The live chat link you gave me gave me thisd response:

”The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: 13311462128559173221”

But then I went to Facebook mesenger and have had some response, but as we were out today the conversation has not been completed.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Sign out of this community before clicking on iD Mobile live chat link and that error should be gone.

Sadly, live chat will be closed until tomorrow morning as it's a Sunday evening. 

Thank you. I’ll try them tomorrow if I don’t get anywhere with Facebook. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The phone that displays no service, was this supplied by iD Mobile or did you order a SIM only plan and place the SIM in an existing handset that you had? If the latter, what make model phone is it?

The phone with no service is an iPhone 5. so it was my existing phone (with my original number which I was trying to keep!!).So it was a SIM only plan and the iD SIM is now in that handset.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Ah ok, who supplied you with the phone? Reason I ask is because it could be locked to your previous network and that's why it's not working. 

Good suggestion - but it is not locked to a previous provider as we have paid to have it unlocked in the past as we have changed provider several times.

We have just tried a SIM card from another provider (not the previous one) in the phone and it works OK. Do you think the iD SIM could be faulty?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

There are a few posts similar and a replacement SIM resolved the issue...

An iPhone 5 is compatible with the iD Mobile network, and its clearly unlocked if it works with another SIM provided by a different network. Obviously I can't be sure, which is why you should speak to a live agent in order to make sure that the port was successful and that the account is setup correctly. Speak to one tomorrow at 9am via the live chat link I provided above, Facebook or Twitter.

FYI - You can pickup a replacement SIM from your local Curry's, although they charge a fiver for the privalige! However, iD Mobile have been known to refund the charge in cases such as yours. Either way you will need to speak to iD Mobile about the other account if it's still using the tempory number and not the number you tried to port over. Someone will eventually respond to your posts here but it will take several days which is why you're better off messaging via Facebook or Twitter if live chat isn't working for you. Anyway, good luck! 🤞

Thank you so much for being so helpful. You’ve certianly done the best you can.We will try with Facebook in the morning.

Why iD Mobile?