Question

replace damaged phone

• 21 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Under my contract (, do I qualify for a replacement phone?

Its taken 24hrs to get to this point.  I ended up going to another provider to see if they could get hold of you; what I got was an email from you asking for a code to transfer my number, which is not what I asked for, Really, why is it so hard to get hold of you!!? or put this query through to you. And LIVE CHAT, don’t get me started!!!!!

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Shevvie 

As there is a crack on the screen this would need to be repaired first, this would be a chargeable repair.

Once the screen damage is repaired, your phone can be booked in for a warranty repair.

You may find that your phone works as it should once the crack has been fixed. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

When to a local store but was told my phone had a hairline crack across the surface, only noticeable when angled it a certain way, this was done over six months ago, so didn't attribute the crack to the current fault.  Unfortunately, for this reason my warranty is void. 

They suggested I buy another phone. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Shevvie 

Your Samsung phone will come with a 24 month warranty.

All you need to do is bring your phone into your nearest Team Knowhow Service Centre and they give you an immediate quote, including all parts and labour, with no hidden charges to sting you down the line. And if the fault’s covered by your warranty, the repair won’t cost you a thing. 

They can often repair your phone by the very next day, but if not, they will get it back to you within 14 days, and often sooner. https://www.teamknowhow.com/store-locator 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

I got  the phone from ID when I started the contract, does that mean the warranty is valid for a 2 year period.  I’ve had no dealings with Carphone Warehouse.

Contract started 10 Sep 2020 for 24 months and I got the phone around that date.  Its a Samsung Galaxy J51 (I think).

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Shevvie 

I’m afraid we do not provide cover for your device.

If your phone is still under the manufacturer warranty, I would advise to pop into your local Carphone Warehouse store, as they can book your phone in for a repair.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Dear Michelle

I have a blank screen; if you phoned me I‘d hear ringing but unable to answer the phone. I bought another phone in the interim as backup, but wanted to know if there are any benefits with my current contract.

Many thanks

Johanna

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Shevvie 

What issues are you having with your phone?

How long have you had your phone?

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?