Question

Samsung S20 FE not receiving texts from certain people

I’ve recently transferred to id Mobile and kept my old number. However, since the number has transferred across, I have struggled with text messaging. At first, my messages were going through to certain people using the original SIM number (were appearing blue in the chat, whereas other people’s outgoing texts were green and they were being received from the correct number). I’ve managed to sort that, but now those people who were receiving texts with the wrong number are receiving them correctly from me, but their reply texts aren’t getting through to me at all! I’m getting so frustrated with it! I’ve now been sent another replacement SIM from iDMobile which is programmed with the correct transferred number, but I’m still having the same issue! I’ll be cancelling my contract if this doesn’t get sorted! (Yes, I’ve checked my coverage, checked blocked numbers, switched it off and on again ...) Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ali Edge,

We are sorry to hear about this and we can definitely check it out and help you with this.

Is this only happening with texts messages? Are these numbers able to call you without any problems?

Kash

Yes just texts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Ali Edge ,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I'm still waiting for this to be sorted 🤔

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ali Edge,

Please keep all messages to the PMs in regards to this particular matter.

Cheers,

Will

Why iD Mobile?