Question

scam text

Userlevel 2

If you get one of these, it's not ID. I keep blocking but they come back with a different number 🙄

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 1

Yes, same here. If you use who-called,co.uk you can read reports on that number.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks for sharing @Spike. kie 

You’re right, the message is not from iD.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Spike. kie & @Peter the Actor,

Please forward any spam/scam texts to 7726 so our Security Team can investigate each one. Thank you. 🙂

Ryan

Userlevel 1

hi my son received one of the scam text messages. I am the bill payer for my sons phone so I got the email he got the text. he clicked on the link and now has no data. can you help?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Thphone,

Is he able to make calls and send text messages? How many bars of signal are showing?

Will

Userlevel 2

hi my son received one of the scam text messages. I am the bill payer for my sons phone so I got the email he got the text. he clicked on the link and now has no data. can you help?

Hi,

Personally I would contact ID and ask their advice. I am not sure what the link does, whether it just steals data or whether it adds software. I think as I precaution I would take the phone back to factory reset. Google /Apple or your phone provider may hold back ups of apps and photos etc so it's pretty easy to put everything back and ensures anything put in your phone by the scam will be gone. Saves the worry.

Good luck

Spikekie

Userlevel 2

Oh....and change your passwords and PINS etc. !!! 😉

Userlevel 1

Hi, he can call and text. His bars change according to where he is?

Userlevel 1

Yes he can call and text. The signal bars change as he moves location. Which signal bars do you mean?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Thphone 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Thphone,

Those will be the bars mentioned by my colleague. Do you also see a H, 3G or 4G symbol on his phone? That would indicate there is a data connection (you may not see a symbol if the phone is connected to WiFi).

I would also recommend checking the phone’s settings to ensure the Mobile Data is turned on and to check the app to ensure he still has allowances left to allow the data to work.

Finally, restart the phone as this can sometimes help.

In regards to the scam text link, when it was pressed, was any information given on the website and have you been in touch with us already about that?

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Thanks that has worked all ok now!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Thphone 

Great to hear your data is working again.

Thanks for letting us know.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?