scam text message from I.D.

Userlevel 2

I keep getting a text message from I.D. saying theres a problem with my last payment and unless I click the link my account will be suspended.

A scam, YES! but as I am unable to telephone I.D. (the real I.D.!) I thought I would put it on here so others won't fall for it! It looks very much like the text.messages we get from I.D. saying our monthly bill is ready to view.

When will we be able to ring I.D. again for help or will the phone lines be permanently closed to save money?

Also I.D....... an email to all, would be cool so people don't fall for the scam, as I nearly did in a busy moment!!!

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Spike. kie 

We can confirm this is indeed a scam text message that you have received. We are aware of this and we are advising all our customers to be vigilant and how to spot common scam texts. Please do enter your details throught this message.We would also advise you to report this to Action fraud below: 

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report-phishing

-Mohsin

Userlevel 2

I did that. Thanks Moshin. I should have said. How did they know I was with I.D.? Maybe it's just random, but seems an awful coincidence.  I.d. is not a huge company with a huge customer base. Was I one of the stolen details that Currys/PCW had taken last year? Or was it the year before?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Spike. kie,

We’re not sure about the details, you’d need to speak to Carphone Warehouse/Currys PC World for that. Scammers find ways to trick customers and it’s important we remain vigilant. If you ever receive a text you’re unsure of, be sure to contact us first before clicking any links.

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

Hello @Spike. kie,

We’re not sure about the details, you’d need to speak to Carphone Warehouse/Currys PC World for that. Scammers find ways to trick customers and it’s important we remain vigilant. If you ever receive a text you’re unsure of, be sure to contact us first before clicking any links.

Mohammed

Thank you for your help and advice 👍😍

Kieron.

I recieved the above text, now it seems like a scam to me. But I am posting on here to firstly to confirm what I believe is true, secondly to warn others if it is true.

Userlevel 2

Its a scam text Connor. I had the same one months ago. I put a comment on here. 😉

Thanks Spike. I thought as much. :)

Userlevel 2

😉 ur welcome. At least ID are now letting us know about scam mail and texts . That helps a lot. The one we've had though was pretty convincing.  It nearly had me fooled!

Take care mate.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I always ignore such texts and I never confirm my identity or give out my banking/card information to people or companies that call me. I’d know if a bill has been paid or not, I read my bank statements and I access my online banking account regularly.

Userlevel 2

That's cool. I am generally the same Paul, but not everyone is like us. There are vulnerable members who may well panic and click the link, or sometimes when we are busy rushing around, we don't think and start clicking away on things we normally would stop and think about. I suppose these scammers rely on our weaknesses and hope a small percentage of texts sent will fill their bank accounts. 😡😡 Atleast we didn't fall for this one!!

Why iD Mobile?