signal keeps dropping in areas where there is alot of it

• 24 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi, wanted to let you guys know that for about a few months now since I went on contract to you guys, my phone was working fine the first few weeks and now my signal stays at 1 bar all the time therefore making it hard for me to hotspot anyone or even pick up calls in areas where there is an abundance of coverage regarding signal on other peoples phone. I pay a lot each month and I certainly feel I shouldn’t have any issues with my data. Another issue also is that my texts do not work aswell even though I have unlimited texts, so can you guys fix this ASAP because I pay every month in order to have data that runs smoothly and right now I am not receiving that or being able to send out text messages also.  

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Jojo16, have you tried rebooting the phone since the issue started? Please also try entering any postcodes on the network service status checker here, and let us know what the page says.

Have your texts ever worked since joining us? 

If you’re using an iPhone, can you please try this?

• 1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
  • 2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
  • 3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.
  • 4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
  • 5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
  • 6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If it’s an Android device you’re using, just turn the Chat Features setting off and on again, like so:

• On your device, open Messages 
  • At the top right, tap Settings
  • Tap Chat features
  • Toggle 'Enable chat features' to OFF
  • Turn the phone off and wait 15 minutes, then power the phone back on
  • Toggle ‘Enable chat features’ to ON
  • Try to send a message again.

Thank you,

Rory

Didn’t really help, need to fix my signal and what you recommended barely did anything for the main problem which is the signal

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Jojo16 What did the page say when you entered the postcode(s)?

Thank you,

Rory

Was a few issues with the network in my area where I have been staying temporarily, but where I am right now, there is nothing wrong with the network but the signal issue is still ongoing.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Was a few issues with the network in my area where I have been staying temporarily, but where I am right now, there is nothing wrong with the network but the signal issue is still ongoing.

What handset are you using there @Jojo16

I am using an iPhone SE, the newest one.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thanks @Jojo16.

Sounds like either your new iPhone or SIM card might be faulty.

1. Are you able to try your iD SIM in another handset?
  2. Are you able to put an EE, O2 or Vodafone SIM in your new iPhone SE?

These two tests will help you work out if there's a problem with your phone or the network.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Even if there are no technical network issues, it may just be a case of there being poor coverage in the area where you are currently.

Have you checked that here? Be sure to note any difference between indoor and outdoor coverage levels.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?