Solved

SIM activation

Userlevel 1

My son had his previous phone with ID and the account was in my name. He has just purchased a new phone through Carphone Warehouse in his own nameĀ  but he is unable to register or activate the sim card. Will his number be the same with the new SIM or will he need to use his old SIM?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 26 May 2022, 19:31

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your son wants to keep his number, use the ā€˜oldā€™ iD SIM (if it fits) in the new phone.

Good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Was the ā€˜newā€™ phone a SIM-free purchase?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If the ā€˜newā€™ phone came with a ā€˜newā€™ iD SIM, then your son will now have two accounts with iD Mobile - the one in your name and the one just purchased from CPW.

Ā 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Normally, a ā€˜newā€™ iD SIM card will be supplied already activated.

Userlevel 1

Was the ā€˜newā€™ phone a SIM-free purchase?

No it's a different contract

Userlevel 1

Normally, a ā€˜newā€™ iD SIM card will be supplied already activated.

Supposed to be activated but he can't text or phone

Userlevel 1

Thanks - didn't realise all the replies were from the same person lol. I'm going to try phoning ID tomorrow (if I can find a number!)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @Damien Moore.

Sadly, iD Mobile donā€™t offerĀ telephone support - itā€™s online only.Ā 

You need to use their Live Chat service to chat with an iD customer service agent.

A word of warning, iD will only speak to the account holder. If you bought the package in a CPW store, it might be easier to go back and sort it out in-store.

Userlevel 1

Thanks - appreciate the helpšŸ‘

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Damien Moore, did you manage to get this sorted?

Ā 

Thank you,

Rory

Can you resend activation code by email? I understand the activation code was printed on the SIM card surround which I have thrown away. Its taken several days to understand how to activate my phone.

Inserting SIM in my replacement phone I am told itā€™s not supported.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can you resend activation code by email? I understand the activation code was printed on the SIM card surround which I have thrown away. Its taken several days to understand how to activate my phone.

Inserting SIM in my replacement phone I am told itā€™s not supported.

If youā€™re a new customer with a new connection @Andrew Shaw, your iD SIM card should have been supplied already activated and ready to use in an approved handset.Ā Ā 

Check if your phone is approved - https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Andrew Shaw,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you require further assistance and we would be happy to help.

Ā 

Kash

Why iD Mobile?