Question

Sim card too old??

• 10 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Probably a couple of years ago now I was sent a replacement sim by ID. However, before I got around to using it I lost it. I'm now in real need of a new number and this old sim has turned up! When I tried to scan it to activate it I was told I had put in a wrong number and to try again. Since then I've been unable to get any response when I try to scan it. Is this because it's an old sim card? Does anyone know if I can still use it? Or how to use it if it's possible!! 

Any suggestions gratefully received 

Lena 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @lenablue,

We may need to issue you with a new SIM card.

You can either obtain one from your local Curry's store or we can request one for delivery.

Please let us know which you prefer.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash,

If you could send me a replacement that would be great! I assume it will come with a new number? That's what I need it for.

Thanks very much 

Lenablue 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @lenablue,

A replacement SIM card does not come with a new number as it will be there to replace the old SIM card of the already active phone number. It costs £25 for a new number, but depending on your plan type, you may be better off cancelling your plan and then purchasing a new one.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss this further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview 

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?