Question

sim unlock code

• 17 September 2021
  • 7 replies

I have put my new sim in my phone and entered the pac code but it is now asking for sim unlock code I have tried defaults 0000 and 1234 but no luck

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Harriet Davies,

That sounds frustrating.

I’m confused by “entered the pac code” - a PAC is used to transfer a mobile phone number from one mobile service provider to another.

Where did you get your mobile phone?

Your phone might be locked to another mobile network, which means your iD SIM won’t work in your phone until the phone is unlocked.

You would need to contact the provider or seller where you originally purchased your phone to get it unlocked.

I hope you get it sorted - good luck!

I got the phone from ee on contract the contract has now ended so I have gone for a sim only deal. But it is asking for sim unlock code

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I suspect that the phone is locked to the EE network and it’s not a SIM pin that’s required but a NUC (Network Unlock Code). What phone is it?

Whatever you do, do not enter random codes! You usually only have 10 tries before the phone is permanently locked to the network it was supplied on. If that happens it will have to be sent away to be unlocked.

It is a samsunf galaxy note 10 plus

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I recommend you have a read of this:

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/unlock-your-phone/unlock-a-ee-device-to-use-with-another-network

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Harriet Davies,

You’ll need to contact EE to get that unlocked. You can views OFCOMs guidelines on this particular matter by clicking here.

Hope they sort it for you soon!

Will

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Harriet Davies,

I know this doesn’t help now, but from Dec 2021 EE and the other mobile service providers will not be allowed to sell phones that are locked to their networks.

That’s good news for consumers like you and me - switching between service providers should be even easier in future.

Happy days!

Why iD Mobile?