Solved

switching number, same provider

• 3 August 2022
  • 6 replies

I am with ID and have recently bought a new contract. How do i transfer my old number and cancel my old plan?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 3 August 2022, 20:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Alice McBride,

Do you mean you’ve got 2 active iD plans, and now want to move your number from the older iD plan, over to the newer iD plan?

Yes thats it. I definitely made it too complicated 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay thanks @Alice McBride.

With iD Mobile, in this situation the only way to retain the mobile number you want, is do the following:

1. Get a PAC for the iD plan that’s got the number you want to keep (FYI, the contract will be cancelled when you use the PAC).
  2. Give the PAC from (1) to another service provider (but not Three or SMARTY).
  3. Once the number you want to keep has been ported to the new provider used in (2), get a PAC from this provider.
  4. Give the PAC from (3) to iD, for the iD plan you’re going to continue using.

Text INFO to 85075 to work out how much it’ll cost to stop the iD plan you don’t want to keep.

Finally, don’t cancel any Direct Debit setup for iD until sometime well after the final bill for the plan you’re stopping.

Anyway, good luck. 

Thank you! To give the 1 PAC to a different service provider do i have to take out a sim only plan with them which will then subsequently be cancelled? They will ask for a customer reference i presume to accept the PAC?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you! To give the 1 PAC to a different service provider do i have to take out a sim only plan with them which will then subsequently be cancelled? They will ask for a customer reference i presume to accept the PAC?

If I was in your position @Alice McBride , I’d get the cheapest one-month rolling SIM-only plan possible.

I’d make sure the new provider’s SIM was activated and working properly before submitting my PAC (obtained from iD for the number I wanted to keep).

Once the number I wanted to keep was ported over and working properly, I’d get the PAC needed to move the number back to the iD plan being retained.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Alice McBride, I’d actually buy a Pay As You Go SIM as there’s no credit check and they can cost as little as 99p.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?