• 15 November 2021
  • 16 replies

hi, I cannot connect to landlines from my mobile

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Robin Stott,
I’m able to make and receive voice calls to/from UK landlines from my phone.

1. What happens when you try?
  2. Are you calling numbers that included in your plan allowance?
  3. Is this a new problem or has it been going on for some time?

it’s a new problem, get disconnected immediately

it’s a new problem, get disconnected immediately

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Others are reporting this problem today - @Bernie Pugs for example.

Sounds like it could be a network issue - have you checked for issues/problems using the following page:

http://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Userlevel 1

I also have the same problem.

When trying to call a landline number the phone immediately cuts off and displays “Call ended”

It started on Saturday I think, but I don’t often call landlines so that may not have been the same issue. It is definitely present today.

I have checked for coverage on the site mentioned and there are no problems in my area.

It is only landline numbers, I have no problems making calls to mobile numbers.

These are standard UK landline numbers so are included in my plan.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I also have the same problem.

When trying to call a landline number the phone immediately cuts off and displays “Call ended”

It started on Saturday I think, but I don’t often call landlines so that may not have been the same issue. It is definitely present today.

I have checked for coverage on the site mentioned and there are no problems in my area.

It is only landline numbers, I have no problems making calls to mobile numbers.

These are standard UK landline numbers so are included in my plan.

How strange @Bugtruck
I’m can make and receive voice calls to/from UK landlines from my phone, although I’m using the Wi-Fi Calling service.
Is your handset supported by iD for Wi-Fi Calling? - if yes, then maybe you can call landlines with Wi-Fi Calling as a work-around.

Userlevel 2

I’m having this exact problem as well. I’ve also posted a question about this, not had responses yet so following with interest. Mine connects to a few landlines but most of them it just ends the call without connecting or gives a long tone to show no connection. 

Have tried other phones not on ID and these work fine. I’ve tried wifi calling with no success connecting. I’ve checked the three network and they’re reporting no problems. 

Userlevel 1

Is your handset supported by iD for Wi-Fi Calling? - if yes, then maybe you can call landlines with Wi-Fi Calling as a work-around.

My phone supports wi-fi calling, however I can’t switch to wi-fi calling exclusively so it will attempt to use the standard network first - which doesn’t work. Also, I do not have wi-fi everywhere I go.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

My phone supports wi-fi calling, however I can’t switch to wi-fi calling exclusively so it will attempt to use the standard network first - which doesn’t work. Also, I do not have wi-fi everywhere I go.

If you put your device in Airplane mode with Wi-Fi ON, maybe you can test if calling landlines works using Wi-Fi Calling service, which might provide some clues for iD technicians. 

Userlevel 2

Ok- putting the phone on airplane mode and with the wifi on works for me, I can now call landlines. What does this mean?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ok- putting the phone on airplane mode and with the wifi on works for me, I can now call landlines. What does this mean?

Great, you’ve got a work-around for now.
Sounds like a problem with iD’s virtual network or something wrong with three UK network - in parts of the UK.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Clare Warne, by using the Wi-Fi Calling service your voice calls are probably being routed a different way.
It appears there’re some local mobile network issues somewhere, which are affecting landline calling. 

Userlevel 1

I just tried this @Clare Warne , and my phone made me turn off aeroplane mode to make the call. However the call then went through on the normal network. I have tested it with the wi-fi disabled and it still connected.

I don’t know if my using aeroplane mode corrected the problem or if the timing was coincidental, but it seems to be fixed.

I had restarted my handset several times to try and correct the issue, you always try step one, but I had not tried switching aeroplane mode on and off…

It might be worth trying a cal normally now and see if it has fixed for you too

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Bugtruck @Clare Warne @Robin Stott 

Our back office team has confirmed that all calls to Landline should now be working. If you are still having this issue, please let us know.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 2

Thank you @Mohsin, the problem is now fixed for me. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

That’s great to hear @Clare Warne 

Feel free to message us for any further issues you may have. 

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?